• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Luton's 28th Annual Beer festival

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luton's 28th Annual Beer festival

At the risk of sounding a bit like Gricer, I shall be attending this afternoon's event from 6pm should any CUKers want to pop along. Ctdctd for example who I think lives close.

I love beer festivals, and was trying to explain to the missus that when you spend your life living off the beer equivalent of pork or chicken or beef (what I mean here is that most pubs have the standard 3 lagers, 1 Bitter, 1 Guinness and a Boddies pump approach) and then you can wander into an Aladdin's cave of diversity it really is one of the highlights of the year.

Soooooooooo here's the beer list.

Anyone who likes ale spot anything they think I should try? Or a brewery that is known good?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    At the risk of sounding a bit like Gricer, I shall be attending this afternoon's event from 6pm should any CUKers want to pop along. Ctdctd for example who I think lives close.

I love beer festivals, and was trying to explain to the missus that when you spend your life living off the beer equivalent of pork or chicken or beef (what I mean here is that most pubs have the standard 3 lagers, 1 Bitter, 1 Guinness and a Boddies pump approach) and then you can wander into an Aladdin's cave of diversity it really is one of the highlights of the year.

Soooooooooo here's the beer list.

Anyone who likes ale spot anything they think I should try? Or a brewery that is known good?

I would like to see how the Golden Shower is served!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      No, not seeing that one. Which brewery mate?

Comment

No, not seeing that one. Which brewery mate?
        Brewed by Son of Sid - you could not make that up!

Comment

Doesn't it depends on how you like your beer? Personally I drink a small glass of as many as possible.

Last beer festival I went to loads of 18-21 year olds turned up. They had heard that it sold cider and perry that was nicer and cheaper than the pubs. They got appropriately merry on it.

The old guys were amused that they had so many young people attending, and it was nice not to be in the group of people who was the youngest at the festival. I only go to them because one of my mates dad's organises or volunteers for them.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Brewed by Son of Sid - you could not make that up!
            It's on my list now, thanks mate.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Doesn't it depends on how you like your beer? Personally I drink a small glass of as many as possible.

Last beer festival I went to loads of 18-21 year olds turned up. They had heard that it sold cider and perry that was nicer and cheaper than the pubs. They got appropriately merry on it.

The old guys were amused that they had so many young people attending, and it was nice not to be in the group of people who was the youngest at the festival. I only go to them because one of my mates dad's organises or volunteers for them.
              mates' dad

Half pints only. Get around as many pumps as possible before going for a curry.

Comment

Is that after you've drunk The Dogs Bollocks ?
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                  Is that after you've drunk The Dogs Bollocks ?
                  Which brewery please mate?

Comment

captain pigwash (potbelly brewery)

Comment

Working...
                    X