• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We'd like to offer you a perm job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'd like to offer you a perm job

Was what a client sprung on me earlier.

We have had a chat and think the work you have to date as been excellent and would like to offer you a permanent role.

Awkward silence fell as I said 'That's nice'

'I do have more than one contract at the moment and would not be able to consider anything for
    obvious contractual reasons'

'it's a good package'

'Cool. But no. Sorry'

'Oh well in six months when your free then there's a role waiting'

'Gee thanks'

Very odd.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

We have had a chat and think the work you have to date as been excellent and would like to offer you a permanent role.

'I do have more than one contract at the moment and would not be able to consider anything for

'it's a good package'

'Cool. But no. Sorry'

'Gee thanks'

Very odd.
      Is this the same client you told us last night you had to visit as your code had stopped working.

I smell bulltulip.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Is this the same client you told us last night you had to visit as your code had stopped working.

I smell bulltulip.
        Dba had set password to
        expire

Comment

'it's a good package'

'Cool. But no. Sorry'

'Gee thanks'

Very odd.

I love how the permie managers think they are doing you a big favour by offering the poor contractor a permie role.

Toothless simpletons

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
            I love how the permie managers think they are doing you a big favour by offering the poor contractor a permie role.

Toothless simpletons
            WHS, I had one this week "We're paying £65k a year, plus........ a car!". Bloggs replies - "I'm billing 220 days a year at £650 a day, do the sums." Harsh but true.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

'it's a good package'
              Did you have to provide your own mop and bucket?
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Oh FFS, you contractors - it's a great complement saying that you are good enough to join glorious permiedom, if you are mad to decline it at least make it clear that you appreciate the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                  Did you have to provide your own mop and bucket?
                  No it wasn't a job at Suityous house.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                    WHS, I had one this week "We're paying £65k a year, plus........ a car!". Bloggs replies - "I'm billing 220 days a year at £650 a day, do the sums." Harsh but true.
                    When I left my one and only permie role for my first contract I had my bosses boss take me aside and say "do you mind if I ask what they are paying you cos we'd like to keep you and I can offer you quite a big raise"

So I told him and he said "That's more than I'm getting, so good luck!"
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X