• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AIBU - or whatever the mumsnet thing is.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AIBU - or whatever the mumsnet thing is.

I've recently taken up a new sporting pastime, which includes a couple of early morning training sessions (not mandatory!) during the week. This means I am getting up at 5am on these days to make it to the sessions.

My other half is not happy about this and wants me to desist. I'm not feeling inclined to stop, as I am rather keen on my new hobby. Whilst I understand it is not ideal (for her) if I get up at 5am and make a little noise leaving, I don't feel as though it's a big enough issue to stop doing something I really like.

I'm pretty sure others in the world have bigger issues in their lives than being slightly disturbed early doors? "Hey Gaddafi, stop the shooting, I'm trying to get some sleep here!", etc.

Is this unreasonable behaviour and should I stop forthwith? I'd particularly like the female perspective, as I seem to be lacking the ability to understand their point of view (not sure if this is an issue I have with the entire female demographic or just individuals?).
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    66.67%
    The early bird catches AndyW
    0.00%
    Last edited by Spoiler; 24 February 2011, 15:37. Reason: speeling

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    I've recently taken up a new sporting pastime .
    Does it involve webcams ?
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      Does it involve webcams ?
      Gotta be dogging...

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
        I've recently taken up a new sporting pastime, which includes a couple of early morning training sessions (not mandatory!) during the week. This means I am getting up at 5am on these days to make it to the sessions.

My other half is not happy about this and wants me to decist. I'm not feeling inclined to stop, as I am rather keen on my new hobby. Whilst I understand it is not ideal (for her) if I get up at 5am and make a little noise leaving, I don't feel as though it's a big enough issue to stop doing something I really like.

I'm pretty sure others in the world have bigger issues in their lives than being slightly disturbed early doors? "Hey Gaddafi, stop the shooting, I'm trying to get some sleep here!", etc.

Is this unreasonable behaviour and should I stop forthwith? I'd particularly like the female perspective, as I seem to be lacking the ability to understand their point of view (not sure if this is an issue I have with the entire female demographic or just individuals?).
        desist
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I travel two hours for my gig so I am up at 5am normally!

But if your getting up at 5am, how is she gonna have your breakfast on the table in time, tell her to shut up and get up at 4am so she can prepare you with bacon, eggs and perhaps a little fallatio
          Last edited by SimonMac; 24 February 2011, 15:32.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I travel two hours for my gig so I am up at 5am normall!
            WHS. Run (ha ha) of the mill for us hardworking folks.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Try not making so much noise as you're getting ready to leave.

Prepare as much of your kit in the morning before you go to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                I travel two hours for my gig so I am up at 5am normally!

But if your getting up at 5am, how is she gonna have your breakfast on the table in time, tell her to shut up and get up at 4am so she can prepare you with bacon, eggs and perhaps a little fallatio
                And how long have you been divorced then
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Try not making so much noise as you're getting ready to leave.

Prepare as much of your kit in the morning before you go to bed.
                  Agreed - Everything got ready at night, make hasty exit in morning. Also if done properly means extra 15mins in bed.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

What the **** does AIBU mean? We don't do mumsnet here. Bunch of lazy benefit sponging ****ers.
                    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
                    X