• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LoveFilm online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LoveFilm online

Signed up for the free trial mainly based on the new PS3 and online options. Only to discover you have to pay extra (like £3.50) to watch the new releases this way. I can rent films on PS3 directly through the PS3 store without having to pay £10/month for a LoveFilm subscription, seems a bit crummy to me.

Anyone else used the online part much and come to any conclusions? The regular post-you-the-DVDs part is all well and good but I'm not really interested in it, I'd hoped it was a proper online service to watch what you wanted.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I've tried the online viewing and drawn the same conclusion as yourself.

I just rent bluRays and add them to my collection but am finding my rental list has diminished significantly. Have been with them for a few years. No problems apart from that, reasonably good service. They don't seem to be very good in cleaning the detritus off the DVDs though.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Signed up for the free trial mainly based on the new PS3 and online options. Only to discover you have to pay extra (like £3.50) to watch the new releases this way. I can rent films on PS3 directly through the PS3 store without having to pay £10/month for a LoveFilm subscription, seems a bit crummy to me.

Anyone else used the online part much and come to any conclusions? The regular post-you-the-DVDs part is all well and good but I'm not really interested in it, I'd hoped it was a proper online service to watch what you wanted.
      I believe their business model relies heavily on duping the gullible. That is where YOU come in d000hg.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Yeah, the online bit is misleading….

My package allows unlimited online streaming for free…..but this does not cover new releases. The latest movies available for free are at least 18 months old…

But I’m happy with the postal service, and since the online bit is free, I cant complain….

Comment

Recently binned my membership with them as I was running out of options to rent.

Add to the fact they have an ongoing dispute with universal which lessens the amount of titles they have available.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I mainly use them to try out new TV shows by renting the first disc of the first season, or to watch some of the old classics that aren't on TV that often.

Tried the online streaming but I don't think the resolution is good enough for watching on a big plasma, it's VCD quality at best, so defeats the point unless you are used to viewing movies on much smaller screens.

As for the discs turning up a bit mucky with fingerprints, they once sent me an anti-static cloth brandishing the phrase "Don't watch dirty movies".
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              As for the discs turning up a bit mucky with fingerprints, they once sent me an anti-static cloth brandishing the phrase "Don't watch dirty movies".
              Got one of those too and didn't realise it was for cleaning the DVD's

I thought they had seen my rental list and were just being helpful AND ironic
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

I find the pirates bay to be a good source of new releases

Comment

I thought most peeps still have montly bandwidth limits, so it sounds of limited usefullness even without the gripe of not having recent releases
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                    I thought most peeps still have montly bandwidth limits, so it sounds of limited usefullness even without the gripe of not having recent releases
                    I signed up to NTL now virgin back in 2000 and have never had a download limit, they may throttle it for excessive users but i have never been advised of any kind of limit and i am running 2 playstations 2 Xbox, 3 PCs, 2 ipods almost 24/7

Comment

Working...
                    X