• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news for drivers!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news for drivers!

Middle East crisis: Saudi Arabia unrest could 'push petrol to £8 a gallon' | Mail Online

The end of the road for millions of drivers: Middle East chaos could 'push petrol to £8 a gallon'

Perhaps all the poor people can get the bus, instead of clogging up my roads whilst I watch empty bus after bus go by.

Why does the Daily Mail quote prices in gallons when UK petrol stations have all used litres for at least the last 20 years?

I suppose because it sounds more.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

Sadly, I can remember petrol at 4/6d a gallon.

That's 22.5p for the uninitiated.
      I can remember 20 Players No 6 for 3/6d (17.5p) a packet.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

<conspiracy_theory>
        All this unrest in the ME is being fuelled (sorry) by BP so that they can get their money back from the yanks.
        </conspiracy_theory>

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Sadly, I can remember petrol at 4/6d a gallon.

That's 22.5p for the uninitiated.
          That was the same for a packet of 20 cigarettes.
          Today packet of twenty is about £6? That equates to £6 per gallon or £1.30 per litre.
          No change then
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I was listening to radio the other day and they had various British oil workers whining about how they needed to get out of the country and the British government weren't sending the SAS out with planes quick enough, and I was thinking, "You can't just abandon your job because of a bit of shooting and stuff! What about my petrol?? Get back to work, the lot of you."

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
              I was listening to radio the other day and they had various British oil workers whining about how they needed to get out of the country and the British government weren't sending the SAS out with planes quick enough, and I was thinking, "You can't just abandon your job because of a bit of shooting and stuff! What about my petrol?? Get back to work, the lot of you."

Bloody right!

Stiff upper lip, pump that petrol out of the ground, my V8 is thirsty!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Bloody right!

Stiff upper lip, pump that petrol out of the ground, my V12 is thirsty!

Comment

Bloody right!

Stiff upper lip, pump that petrol out of the ground, my V12 twin turbo is thirsty!
                  Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG | evo Car Reviews | Car Reviews | evo

Comment

Old SL55 AMG was better looking - I'll now have to go for Aygo

Comment

Working...
                    X