PDA

View Full Version : Good news for drivers!

DimPrawn
25th February 2011, 08:42
Middle East crisis: Saudi Arabia unrest could 'push petrol to £8 a gallon' | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1360483/Middle-East-crisis-Saudi-Arabia-unrest-push-petrol-8-gallon.html)

The end of the road for millions of drivers: Middle East chaos could 'push petrol to £8 a gallon'

:banana:

Perhaps all the poor people can get the bus, instead of clogging up my roads whilst I watch empty bus after bus go by.

OwlHoot
25th February 2011, 09:23
Why does the Daily Mail quote prices in gallons when UK petrol stations have all used litres for at least the last 20 years?

I suppose because it sounds more.

OwlHoot
25th February 2011, 13:50
Sadly, I can remember petrol at 4/6d a gallon.

That's 22.5p for the uninitiated.

I can remember 20 Players No 6 for 3/6d (17.5p) a packet. :eyes

Pondlife
25th February 2011, 14:05
<conspiracy_theory>
All this unrest in the ME is being fuelled (sorry) by BP so that they can get their money back from the yanks.
</conspiracy_theory>

Paddy
25th February 2011, 14:06
Sadly, I can remember petrol at 4/6d a gallon.

That's 22.5p for the uninitiated.

That was the same for a packet of 20 cigarettes.
Today packet of twenty is about £6? That equates to £6 per gallon or £1.30 per litre.
No change then

dang65
25th February 2011, 14:24
I was listening to radio the other day and they had various British oil workers whining about how they needed to get out of the country and the British government weren't sending the SAS out with planes quick enough, and I was thinking, "You can't just abandon your job because of a bit of shooting and stuff! What about my petrol?? Get back to work, the lot of you."

DimPrawn
25th February 2011, 14:26
I was listening to radio the other day and they had various British oil workers whining about how they needed to get out of the country and the British government weren't sending the SAS out with planes quick enough, and I was thinking, "You can't just abandon your job because of a bit of shooting and stuff! What about my petrol?? Get back to work, the lot of you."

Bloody right!

Stiff upper lip, pump that petrol out of the ground, my V8 is thirsty!

Dearnla
25th February 2011, 14:28
Bloody right!

Stiff upper lip, pump that petrol out of the ground, my V12 is thirsty!

:spel

DimPrawn
25th February 2011, 14:35
Bloody right!

Stiff upper lip, pump that petrol out of the ground, my V12 twin turbo is thirsty!

Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG | evo Car Reviews | Car Reviews | evo (http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/48791/mercedesbenz_sl65_amg.html)

AtW
25th February 2011, 14:52
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG | evo Car Reviews | Car Reviews | evo (http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/48791/mercedesbenz_sl65_amg.html)

Old SL55 AMG was better looking - I'll now have to go for Aygo :frown

DimPrawn
25th February 2011, 16:05
Old SL55 AMG was better looking - I'll now have to go for Aygo :frown

That's the old shape like the old SL55, with the nicer round headlights. Same car but much bigger engine.

:smokin

AtW
25th February 2011, 16:11
That's the old shape like the old SL55, with the nicer round headlights. Same car but much bigger engine.

Even 5.5 is too expensive IMHO :eyes

MaryPoppins
25th February 2011, 16:15

You like your girly cars, eh DP.

amcdonald
25th February 2011, 16:23

Low maintenance, just the bodywork needs touching up ?

AtW
25th February 2011, 16:23

Check this old thread by our own DimPrawn: http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/958-am-i-gay.html

d000hg
25th February 2011, 18:59
Old SL55 AMG was better looking - I'll now have to go for Aygo :frownNobody's fooled, you have nothing more than a moped license.

AtW
25th February 2011, 20:14
Nobody's fooled, you have nothing more than a moped license.

I got a full UK driving license without any points on it :smokin

Cliphead
25th February 2011, 20:24
I got a full UK driving license without any points on it :smokin

Me too. And no fckin car

:tantrum:

PAH
26th February 2011, 10:13
Not sure whether to be happy or sad.

Been waiting for VXR8s to drop below £15k (the price a cheap-ish runaround becomes a potential ass-raping) so I can enjoy one of the 'last V8s' before they become extinct (even BMW are going smaller capacity twin turbo in their M series).

So while high petrol prices may cause the residuals to crash on these gas guzzlers, the cost of having to fill up is going to get painful for tight-arsed northerners like me.