• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MSP Foundation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSP Foundation

Wasting my £200 getting this bagged, or not?

Got Prince2, ISEB Testing foundation and intermediate, plus ITIL service management.

Would getting the MSP foundation see me as a rounded person for programmes and projects, or a willy waving tosspot to agents?

Welcome to the Official MSP® Website

"Programme Management may be defined as the co-ordinated organisation, direction and implementation of a portfolio of projects and activities that together achieve outcomes and realise benefits that are of strategic importance."

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

MSP Foundation or Not

I think MSP is a good idea but not many people do this compared to PRINCE2. I am reading the MSP book at the moment and I am amazed at how PRINCE2:2009 uses a lot of the same concepts and ideas. My point, if you have done PRINCE2:2009, then you will find MSP Foundation easier to learn.

Tip: Get hold of the MSP Foundation Syllabus form the APMG site before you start to read the manual

Regards, Frank

Comment

Originally posted by ThePRINCE2coach View Post
        I think MSP is a good idea but not many people do this compared to PRINCE2. I am reading the MSP book at the moment and I am amazed at how PRINCE2:2009 uses a lot of the same concepts and ideas. My point, if you have done PRINCE2:2009, then you will find MSP Foundation easier to learn.

Tip: Get hold of the MSP Foundation Syllabus form the APMG site before you start to read the manual

Regards, Frank
        Brilliant idea, Thanks Frank. Booking the exam for the end of this month - Done the Prince2 and as you say a lot of similarities, so worth bagging I guess!

Comment

Working...
        X