• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was looking at Spanish property in Costa Del Sol on Rightmove...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was looking at Spanish property in Costa Del Sol on Rightmove...

Just looking at Costa Del Sol only, one tiny region of Spain, sorted high to low, you have 45 pages of property before you find anything under Euro 1,000,000

Cheap Spanish property eh?

for 425,000 euros I can buy a 1 bedroom apartment on a complex.

Bargain basement.

1 bedroom property for sale in Don Carlos Resort, Marbella East , Spain

Fill yer boots!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      for 425,000 euros I can buy a 1 bedroom apartment on a complex.

Bargain basement.

1 bedroom property for sale in Don Carlos Resort, Marbella East , Spain

Fill yer boots!

What could possibly go wrong with an investment like that?

Make sure those boots are lead filled as you head towards to comunal pool.

Comment

You're not trying to sell those worthless pounds again?

Comment

A page full of possessed ones on Rightmove when searching at the cheap end

Comment

I didn't spot any huge reductions in price in those properties that are known to propertyBee.

Comment

I've recently been reading a few expat forums focusing on living in Spain and I'd be very wary of buying in Spain at the moment with all the local corruption going on. Read up on 'land grab' for some particularly nasty stories.

The recommendation is to start off by renting, which on the surface seems to be much cheaper than renting in the UK. This is something I've been giving serious consideration to. Have a look at kyero.com for villas at truly amazing rental prices. I'm just wary that they seem too good be be true. Loads are between 500-1000 euros/month for 3 or 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, private pool in own grounds! Compare that to at least £500/month for a crappy 2 bed flat with dodgy neighbours in the UK.

Fortunately with the contract I'm doing at the moment I'm able to 100% work from home and my plan B is running a website, so I only need a reliable internet connection. I know I'd have to make an effort to learn the lingo and the better deals are probably a bit isolated but it is very tempting.

Anyone ever rented in Spain? Is it really too good to be true?
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                I've recently been reading a few expat forums focusing on living in Spain and I'd be very wary of buying in Spain at the moment with all the local corruption going on. Read up on 'land grab' for some particularly nasty stories.

The recommendation is to start off by renting, which on the surface seems to be much cheaper than renting in the UK. This is something I've been giving serious consideration to. Have a look at kyero.com for villas at truly amazing rental prices. I'm just wary that they seem too good be be true. Loads are between 500-1000 euros/month for 3 or 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, private pool in own grounds! Compare that to at least £500/month for a crappy 2 bed flat with dodgy neighbours in the UK.

Fortunately with the contract I'm doing at the moment I'm able to 100% work from home and my plan B is running a website, so I only need a reliable internet connection. I know I'd have to make an effort to learn the lingo and the better deals are probably a bit isolated but it is very tempting.

Anyone ever rented in Spain? Is it really too good to be true?
                I've seen a couple of documentaries recently, scary stuff.

People's houses getting demolished etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Just looking at Costa Del Sol only, one tiny region of Spain, sorted high to low, you have 45 pages of property before you find anything under Euro 1,000,000

Cheap Spanish property eh?

This time next year we'll be millionaires Rodders!
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                    I've seen a couple of documentaries recently, scary stuff.

People's houses getting demolished etc.

Yeah I think I saw that on Homes From Hell once. Maybe the situation has improved recently. I think the E.U. were getting involved to try to sort out the mess, though lots of the problems were local officials granting building permission without any proper authority, so the regional/national authorities came along and ordered demolitions or large lump sum additional payments.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X