• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Headhunted today - Guaranteed to make you popular and great day rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headhunted today - Guaranteed to make you popular and great day rate

A certain agency that shall remain nameless headhunted me today for this role given the danger to human life I shall be asking for special protective equipment hard hats etc. Mind you it might come to this if I don;t find a role quickly.

Are you available for temporary work throughout March, April and May? ???? are currently seeking confident, friendly candidates to assist with the 2011 census. As a Census Collector (CC) you will be responsible for contacting householders - knocking on doors or ringing doorbells - to follow up the non-return of 2011 Census questionnaires. This will involve face-to-face discussions to encourage the completion and return of census questionnaires and to offer help and assistance if required. You will be required to work at varied times including evenings and weekends.
    To help you carry out this work to the high standard required, you will receive detailed instructions and be fully trained. You will be part of a team reporting to a Census Coordinator (CO) while carrying out this role. The post involves working outside for most of your day visiting a number of addresses.
    Pay rates range from £7.41 per hour to £10.42 and we have 37 hour, 25 hour and 15 hour shifts available.

For more information please register your details here <mod>link removed</mod>

If you wish to be considered for this post, you must:
    • Provide proof of eligibility
    • Have no criminal convictions
    • Be available from the 6th April 2011 (for 4-6 weeks)

Please do not reply to this email address. All questions will be answered by the Census team who will be in touch once you have registered your details.
    Last edited by realityhack; 26 February 2011, 00:04. Reason: WTF?
    Life is a paradox-what u want u don't get(luv), what u get, u don't njoy(marriage), what u njoy is not permanent(job), what is permanent is boring(job).

Originally posted by caspercat1 View Post
    Pay rates range from £7.41 per hour to £10.42 and we have 37 hour, 25 hour and 15 hour shifts available.
    And yet...

We have the other ongoing thread at the moment for a contract web developer, located in the middle of nowhere - read: spend a fortune on travel, accommodation, food, etc. - paying £10-11 / hour. And deduct from that accountancy fees, IR35 insurance, etc., etc. And as a contractor, they probably wouldn't offer you flexi-time like the role above.

Seems knocking on doors in my local vicinity would provide a better rate of return than many I.T. roles these days.

Makes you think twice before, er, knocking, such jobs as the one you posted.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

That has the potential to be quite a fun short-term job. I might have a go myself.

Comment

My mate (not in IT) does meter reading between bouts of employment - - just above minimum wage but is creative with mileage

Does ok - has a better car than me!

Comment

Contractors are not head hunted. We had this heated debate many moons ago and the conclusion was the only contractor that is ever head hunted was MF.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Contractors are not head hunted. We had this heated debate many moons ago and the conclusion was the only contractor that is ever head hunted was MF.
            I think you'll find that permies are head hunted & contractors are poached, it's a scramble for a new role and sometimes you can find yourself out of the frying pan and into the fire.

In any way, its eggstremely different.

What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

For those of you signing on while working on Plan B, this is an ideal way of getting some fresh air for 2 weeks and getting to the back of the hassle queue at the dole office.

Comment

My ex-wife did this many years ago (must be 20 yrs ago).

She liked meeting people (err, which is why we got divorced...) and was confident enough to talk to people on the doorstep.
                A good job if you don't mind the odd F*** Off, being an ex-cop....

Comment

I was headhunted over the weekend.

Only problem was it was the missus demanding I get on with DIY

Comment

Working...
                  X