• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rude Rhyme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rude Rhyme

BBC News - Sussex teacher reprimanded over 'racist rhyme'

They don't include it, what was this filthy filth he half-told them?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Didn't take long to find - here

Anyway, it sounds like an injustice if this teacher was simply repeating a mnemonic that had been undoubtedly used by others in the past.
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 26 February 2011, 11:23.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Except the first word was as resistor colour. Hardly polical correctness gone mad to object to that in a school.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        BBC News - Sussex teacher reprimanded over 'racist rhyme'

They don't include it, what was this filthy filth he half-told them?
        If I remember my old Electronics theory, it will have related to the colour coding system used to rate resistors.

This is basically Black Brown Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Violet Grey White

The old codger will have fallen foul of the old "Black Barstewards rape our young girls but virgins grow wise" maxim that was oft times chanted out in many a classroom in days of yore.............unless I've missed my guess.

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Bye Bye Rosie Off You Go Bristol Via Great Western
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            If I remember my old Electronics theory, it will have related to the colour coding system used to rate resistors.

This is basically Black Brown Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Violet Grey White

The old codger will have fallen foul of the old "Black Barstewards rape our young girls but virgins grow wise" maxim that was oft times chanted out in many a classroom in days of yore.............unless I've missed my guess.

HTH
            That's what jumped straight to my mind too, but that's the mnemonic I was taught and it stuck which is exactly what it's supposed to do.

It's not politically correct, but it's very effective.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Except the first word was as resistor colour. Hardly polical correctness gone mad to object to that in a school.
              I think it is in order he got in trouble since it mentions rape, rather than some 'harmless' stereotype.
              The fact he was reprimanded rather than fired and banned from teaching means this is fair in my view. I'd like to think the school will keep him on based on his past reputation since he's near retirement anyway.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

political correctness gone mad. I havent read the link or anything, and I dont have a clue what its all about, but it's polical correctness gone mad.

where will it all end ?

thats what I want to know

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  political correctness gone mad. I havent read the link or anything, and I dont have a clue what its all about, but it's polical correctness gone mad.

where will it all end ?

thats what I want to know

We're all doomed and will soon all be out on the street rummaging through diseased piles of rotting refuse in some kind of Mad Max world.

Bagsy the razor boomerang and the car.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    We're all doomed and will soon all be out on the street rummaging through diseased piles of rotting refuse in some kind of Mad Max world.

he heh

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X