PDA

View Full Version : Rude Rhyme

d000hg
26th February 2011, 11:15
BBC News - Sussex teacher reprimanded over 'racist rhyme' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-12584669)

They don't include it, what was this filthy filth he half-told them?

OwlHoot
26th February 2011, 11:20
Didn't take long to find - here (http://everything2.com/title/Bad+Boys+Rape+Our+Young+Girls+But+Violet+Gives+Wil lingly)

Anyway, it sounds like an injustice if this teacher was simply repeating a mnemonic that had been undoubtedly used by others in the past.

xoggoth
26th February 2011, 11:23
Except the first word was as resistor colour. Hardly polical correctness gone mad to object to that in a school.

shaunbhoy
26th February 2011, 11:25
BBC News - Sussex teacher reprimanded over 'racist rhyme' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-12584669)

They don't include it, what was this filthy filth he half-told them?

If I remember my old Electronics theory, it will have related to the colour coding system used to rate resistors.

This is basically Black Brown Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Violet Grey White

The old codger will have fallen foul of the old "Black Barstewards rape our young girls but virgins grow wise" maxim that was oft times chanted out in many a classroom in days of yore.............unless I've missed my guess.

HTH

suityou01
26th February 2011, 11:30
Bye Bye Rosie Off You Go Bristol Via Great Western

TykeMerc
26th February 2011, 11:44
If I remember my old Electronics theory, it will have related to the colour coding system used to rate resistors.

This is basically Black Brown Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Violet Grey White

The old codger will have fallen foul of the old "Black Barstewards rape our young girls but virgins grow wise" maxim that was oft times chanted out in many a classroom in days of yore.............unless I've missed my guess.

HTH

That's what jumped straight to my mind too, but that's the mnemonic I was taught and it stuck which is exactly what it's supposed to do.

It's not politically correct, but it's very effective.

d000hg
26th February 2011, 13:34
Except the first word was as resistor colour. Hardly polical correctness gone mad to object to that in a school.I think it is in order he got in trouble since it mentions rape, rather than some 'harmless' stereotype.
The fact he was reprimanded rather than fired and banned from teaching means this is fair in my view. I'd like to think the school will keep him on based on his past reputation since he's near retirement anyway.

EternalOptimist
26th February 2011, 13:40
political correctness gone mad. I havent read the link or anything, and I dont have a clue what its all about, but it's polical correctness gone mad.

where will it all end ?

thats what I want to know

:rolleyes:

suityou01
26th February 2011, 14:20
political correctness gone mad. I havent read the link or anything, and I dont have a clue what its all about, but it's polical correctness gone mad.

where will it all end ?

thats what I want to know

We're all doomed and will soon all be out on the street rummaging through diseased piles of rotting refuse in some kind of Mad Max world.

Bagsy the razor boomerang and the car. :wink

EternalOptimist
26th February 2011, 14:25
We're all doomed and will soon all be out on the street rummaging through diseased piles of rotting refuse in some kind of Mad Max world.

he heh

TimberWolf
26th February 2011, 19:56
It's all a bit academic anyway, what with the advent of compact florescent lights. Black and brown look the same as do orange and red. They should just print numbers on them rather than so called 'different' colours, even if it would take a magnifying glass to read them. Anyway men can't identify more than about 3 different colours.

xoggoth
28th February 2011, 11:24
Yeh. I used to do electronics as a hobby until about 1986 when components stopped being proper man's things. A real man's hobby should involve large tools and lots of bashing. Still got a proper butch digital frequency meter I made, 1.2Mhz, nice big LED display, lots of 7490s and stuff with no silly letters on the end and the house lights dimmed whenever you plugged it in.

Churchill
28th February 2011, 13:20
Yeh. I used to do electronics as a hobby until about 1986 when components stopped being proper man's things. A real man's hobby should involve large tools and lots of bashing. Still got a proper butch digital frequency meter I made, 1.2Mhz, nice big LED display, lots of 7490s and stuff with no silly letters on the end and the house lights dimmed whenever you plugged it in.

I went to a model railway exibition on Saturday and they had some 7 1/4" scale steam locos, that was real engineering!

shaunbhoy
28th February 2011, 16:06
I went to a model railway exibition on Saturday and they had some 7 1/4" scale steam locos, that was real engineering!

*cough*

ANORAK!

*cough*

:wink

MarillionFan
28th February 2011, 16:09
Is wife beating to become compulsory?

It already is in the North of the Country.