• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ski accident

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ski accident

My daugher had a ski accident yesterday afternoon, and landed on her noggin. No bones broken, but had to be stretchered from the mountain to the nearest hospital, where they diagnosed concussion, and kept her for 24 hours - in intensive care! Home now. I would recommed though, if you're going skiing - do wear a ski-helmet.

Her goggles were cracked, and the DIN settings for the front bindings moved from 6 to 4.5 under the force of the impact. I'll have to get the bindings checked to see if they're safe. And buy a new helmet.

No sport for 2 weeks; no reading, no TV for 1 week. Thank goodness we can get BBC radio via our cable supplier.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Ick. A bash on the head is not nice. Hope she feels better soon and don't panic if she goes a bit shivery on you.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Have you thought about getting her lessons?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Hope she gets well soon!

Comment

Ouch!
          get well soon Mrs
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The airport departures lounge for skiing holidaymakers often look like casualty wards I gather. Never skied myself.

Presumably it wasn't snow she hit?

Comment

Sorry, wasn't clear. It was my daughter. Last run before going home (of course), got caught by an uphill bit that was steeper than she thought. Took air - next thing she knows she's flat on her back and her head hurts. My wife was just behind her, so we got help to her quickly. Snow at speed can still be quite hard.

What was worrying was the 24 hour stay - in intenstive care! She seems fine now. Just tired. She'll miss a week of school, and won't be skiing during our ski holiday the week after!

When she called us last night and told us the doctor had told her not to use her brain too much... there was a pregnant pause from our end of the line!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                My daugher had a ski accident yesterday afternoon, and landed on her noggin. No bones broken, but had to be stretchered from the mountain to the nearest hospital, where they diagnosed concussion, and kept her for 24 hours - in intensive care! Home now. I would recommed though, if you're going skiing - do wear a ski-helmet.

Her goggles were cracked, and the DIN settings for the front bindings moved from 6 to 4.5 under the force of the impact. I'll have to get the bindings checked to see if they're safe. And buy a new helmet.

No sport for 2 weeks; no reading, no TV for 1 week. Thank goodness we can get BBC radio via our cable supplier.
                Cant you sue anyone?

Did she have insurance?

Comment

Why would we sue anyone?

Yes, we have plenty of insurance. The costs for intensive care are likely to £6000+

Comment

NF posted a link to the footage
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X