• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travel Insurance With Loss Of Earnings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Insurance With Loss Of Earnings

Does anyone know of any insurance company that covers and reimburses loss of earnings in the event you had an accident?

I want to go skiing but cant afford to be off work if I have an accident - Is there a policy which gives me peace of mind

Ah, ok.

I've insurance that kicks in after one month for any illness or accident. I've never heard of anything like you describe.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
      Does anyone know of any insurance company that covers and reimburses loss of earnings in the event you had an accident?

I want to go skiing but cant afford to be off work if I have an accident - Is there a policy which gives me peace of mind
      It would be up to too much abuse.

It's bad enough Aussies coming over here, nicking UK jobs, not paying tax and then pissing off with the VAT as well. I doubt an insurance company is going to insure you to claim 6 months of contracting fees on the premise you got stabbed in the chest by a manta ray.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

also,
        If you're a contractor, then an injury wouldn't necessary mean loss of earnings, because you can still pay yourself your salary even though you're in bed. You're the boss after all.

What you probably mean is insurance that would pay out to your employer, because it hadn't made as much money in sales as it thinks it would have done if one of its employees had been fit. That would be quite exotic, and even harder to get on a retail level.

Comment

Working...
        X