PDA

View Full Version : Public Sewers!!!!

shaunbhoy
28th February 2011, 09:52
[rant on]

On top of yesterday's footy disasters, had another problem with raw sewage seeping up onto the drive at Chez SB!!

Called out the "technicians" from South West Water who pronounced that it was a "Private" Issue and that it was down to ME to get it sorted! :spank:

Wrong on a whole range of measures!
Firstly the property (and associated underground pipework) predate 1937 by a considerable margin.

Secondly, the system that crisscrosses under and across our property is also fed into from at least one other old property.
This constitutes a "Section 24", and makes the Sewerage Provider (SWW) liable for any and all repairs.

Thirdly, in the last decade we have had at least 2 other similar issues, and on both occasions SWW have acknowledged culpability and on the last occasion even sent me a partial refund of my sewerage costs.

Furthermore, this latest "blockage" appears to be beyond my boundary in any event, so the issue of responsibility is rendered irrelevant.

And on top of that, in a few weeks time the Water Companies are to assume ownership of all public and private sewers in any event.

I am in no doubt that they will have little option but to concur with my prognosis and make suitable repairs. Just extremely narked at the slopey-shouldered chump they sent out yesterday. If they send him again I may well dunk his fooking head down the offending inspection chamber for a closer look!!!

Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!

[/rant off]

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

amcdonald
28th February 2011, 10:03
How inconvenient for you

DimPrawn
28th February 2011, 10:07
You're full of sh1t!

TykeMerc
28th February 2011, 10:08
Irritating that, I had several weeks of "debate" with Yorkshire water over something similar, the busted sewer was under a public pavement though. House (and sewer) over 100 years old.

The biggest issue I had was that despite it clearly being an old sewer it wasn't on any of the maps held by the Council or Water companies.

Your main and unbeatable argument is they've admitted ownership in the recent past, they can't get past that one.

DimPrawn
28th February 2011, 10:11
BBC News - South West Water bills could increase by 8.1% (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12554008)

suityou01
28th February 2011, 10:18
Wiiiiiilmslooooooooooooow

[Canned laughter]

shaunbhoy
28th February 2011, 10:44
You're full of sh1t!

Not yet.............but we're getting there!!

:eek

d000hg
28th February 2011, 11:29
Firstly the property (and associated underground pipework) predate 1937 by a considerable margin.

Secondly, the system that crisscrosses under and across our property is also fed into from at least one other old property.
This constitutes a "Section 24", and makes the Sewerage Provider (SWW) liable for any and all repairs.

Thirdly, in the last decade we have had at least 2 other similar issues, and on both occasions SWW have acknowledged culpability and on the last occasion even sent me a partial refund of my sewerage costs.

Furthermore, this latest "blockage" appears to be beyond my boundary in any event, so the issue of responsibility is rendered irrelevant.

And on top of that, in a few weeks time the Water Companies are to assume ownership of all public and private sewers in any event.

I found imagining this in the voice of either Frank Spencer or Milton Waddams was most appropriate.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/7/10106989_0579f7be13.jpg

shaunbhoy
28th February 2011, 11:31
I found imagining this in the voice of either Frank Spencer or Milton Waddams was most appropriate.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/7/10106989_0579f7be13.jpg

"Imagining" plays a big part in your life, doesn't it d000hg?
:wink

d000hg
28th February 2011, 11:57
From someone who thinks Scotland have at least one good football team, that's a bit rich.

shaunbhoy
28th February 2011, 12:07
From someone who thinks Scotland have at least one good football team, that's a bit rich.

How would you know though? You know jigger all about football.
Did your imaginary friend put you up to this?

:laugh

d000hg
28th February 2011, 14:22
How would you know though? You know jigger all about football.Simple statistics proves the point, if we look at the success of either the Scottish national team, or Scottish league teams playing outside Scotland. Maybe SasGuru can help you with the numbers if you're struggling.

shaunbhoy
28th February 2011, 15:01
Simple statistics proves the point, if we look at the success of either the Scottish national team, or Scottish league teams playing outside Scotland. Maybe SasGuru can help you with the numbers if you're struggling.

Scottish League Teams don't play outside Scotland.

HTH

In actual fact, for a small nation of around 5 million, we have had 3 different teams win major European Trophies. (Celtic, Rangers, and Aberdeen)

England with around 45-50 million has only about 12 teams that have won major European Trophies. (Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Notts Forest, Spurs, West Ham, Leeds)

If you want to go down the statistical route, it actually could be argued that Scottish teams are more successful than English teams. 4 times the success with 9 times the population. Lies, damned lies, and statistics eh?

As for the national team, we have qualified for more major tournament Finals than pretty much any comparably sized nation.

Don't you just hate "facts"?

Churchill
28th February 2011, 15:05

HTH

In actual fact, for a small nation of around 5 million, we have had 3 different teams win major European Trophies. (Celtic, Rangers, and Aberdeen)

England with around 45-50 million has only about 12 teams that have won major European Trophies. (Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Notts Forest, Spurs, West Ham, Leeds)

If you want to go down the statistical route, it actually could be argued that Scottish teams are more successful than English teams. 4 times the success with 9 times the population. Lies, damned lies, and statistics eh?

As for the national team, we have qualified for more major tournament Finals than pretty much any comparably sized nation.

Scotland isn't a nation. It's a rocky outcrop to the north of England.

shaunbhoy
28th February 2011, 15:33
Blocked Sewer Update!!!!

Seemingly, the problem was down to a device called an "Interceptor". This is designed to prevent smells permeating back in the direction of the property as well as stopping large chunks of debris from flowing into the main sewer system and causing blockages there. Exotic sounding name for a chunk of terracotta poop filter.
Anyway, after slurping out the detritis that was lodged therein, it is now as good as ever it was. Should there be any problems in future then it will have been "adopted" by our Water Company by then, so all in all a Happy ending.

:music:

GreenLabel
28th February 2011, 15:41
Blocked Sewer Update!!!!

Anyway, after slurping out the detritis that was lodged therein, it is now as good as ever it was. Should there be any problems in future then it will have been "adopted" by our Water Company by then, so all in all a Happy ending.

You should probably book yourself in for a tetanus shot.

shaunbhoy
28th February 2011, 15:46
You should probably book yourself in for a tetanus shot.

:laugh :laugh :eek

AtW
28th February 2011, 15:48
This thread is full of it.

For this reason I am out.

shaunbhoy
28th February 2011, 15:51
This thread is full of it.

For this reason I am out.

Yeah alright..................Duncan!

d000hg
28th February 2011, 16:14

HTH

Methinks you doth protest too much.

Hope you had fun writing that, I shan't bother reading it. And I don't care if English teams are any good if you were thinking of trying to compare the two.

shaunbhoy
28th February 2011, 16:17
Methinks you doth protest too much.

Hope you had fun writing that, I shan't bother reading it. And I don't care if English teams are any good if you were thinking of trying to compare the two.

Up your game peabrain.

:eyes

d000hg
28th February 2011, 16:19
I don't want it to go over your head too much.

shaunbhoy
28th February 2011, 16:19
I don't want it to go over your head too much.

Well at least aim for my ankles.

EternalOptimist
28th February 2011, 17:05
An interceptor ? that sounds ace.

I can just imagine a squadron being scrambled at Manchester Ringway, 'what are we looking at ground control ?
'Er , its an EO curry special. we have alerted the coast guard'

squadron leader -'gulp. we are too close for missiles boys, switch to guns'

:rolleyes:

d000hg
28th February 2011, 22:26
Well at least aim for my ankles.Nice soundbite.