• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Warmists find simple, elegant and cheap way to combat Global Warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warmists find simple, elegant and cheap way to combat Global Warming

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

NASA Scientists have tested the climate effect of what a small, regional nuclear war would do to the world and have come up with a few revealing (and quite scary) conclusions. For the purpose of the exercise, NASA termed a small, regional nuclear war as 100 Hiroshima-level bombs.

What's interesting is that the exploded bombs would kick up roughly five million metric tons of black carbon into the upper part of the troposphere and lead to a drop in temperature, which technically reverses that global warming thing Al Gore always talks about.

After a regional nuclear war, though, average global temperatures would drop by 2.25 degrees F (1.25 degrees C) for two to three years afterward, the models suggest.

Them scientists are weerly clever. I wish I woz clever like them scientists.

So nuke the middle east and we could save the planet
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      Yep, the boiling hot planet would get really cold, so that would be great!

We could put then put our oil fired central heating on to stay warm and....oh, we've nuked the oil producers.....

Comment

They aren't "warmists", they are interested in building a case for nuclear disarmament. The research was reported, sans global warming related bulltulip, in scientific american several months ago.

South Asian Threat? Local Nuclear War = Global Suffering: Scientific American

Their point is that even a small nuclear war such as might feasibly occur between say India and Pakistan would lead to a mini "nuclear winter" and the resulting reduction in agricultural output would lead to literally billions of people starving to death. So we still need to be vigilant even though the US & Russia are disarming.

Sweet **** all to do with climate change until some retard journos got hold of it.

Edit: Here is the original NASA press release.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/New...w.php?id=31591
        Last edited by doodab; 28 February 2011, 10:45.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

What will happen when that giant volcano under Yellowstone goes off?

When it last erupted it threw 200 cubic miles of material up into the sky. That's a lot and I'll bet it was a bit nippy for years afterwards. Krakatoa was only about 5 cubic miles.

Anyway, satellite data shows Yellowstone starting to brew up again.

Comment

Nah, that would nadger the oil supplies.

I'm sure we could find a few suitable places to incinerate

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              What will happen when that giant volcano under Yellowstone goes off?
              Yogi Bear gets a sore head ?

Comment

Isn't this what they're doing in Newcastle, drilling down to unleash thermal heating from the mantle. I just hope they also unleash the magma.

Man made volcanoes is the way to go. I propose they try one in London next.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  I just hope they also unleash the magma.

Man made volcanoes is the way to go. I propose they try one in Luton next.
                  FTFY

Comment

Working...
                  X