• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rather odd blu-ray problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rather odd blu-ray problem

A disc froze while we were mid-way through. Gave it a quick clean and it worked again but then after some fool () accidentally pressed stop instead of pause and the player quit, we couldn't get it to work anymore, just got told the disc was no good.
    When I ejected I noticed a strange mottled effect on the underside of the disc, a little like a fish's belly is the closest I can think of, but dismissed it as inconsequential. A few hours later I picked the disc up to put away and the pattern was gone completely, it looks like a totally normal disc again.
    Is this normal? Perhaps related to the problems with playback?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    A disc froze while we were mid-way through. Gave it a quick clean and it worked again but then after some fool () accidentally pressed stop instead of pause and the player quit, we couldn't get it to work anymore, just got told the disc was no good.
    When I ejected I noticed a strange mottled effect on the underside of the disc, a little like a fish's belly is the closest I can think of, but dismissed it as inconsequential. A few hours later I picked the disc up to put away and the pattern was gone completely, it looks like a totally normal disc again.
    Shirley this should be in the Technical Forum? Anyways, you may want to run a Lens Cleaner, just in case.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Our player stopped playing Bu-ray then DVD’s as it was out of warranty BGG took it apart gave it a thorough clean & now it works fine
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

I don't want to take my PS3 apart Think it's unlikely to be very dirty as it's relatively new and hasn't been used to watch a massive number of films. It definitely seemed like that one disc was playing up, especially the way it's appearance changed.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Tried bleeding the radiator?
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
          X