• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deflation news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deflation news

The report says UK food prices are rising more rapidly than most other OECD economies’ food prices, and have significantly outstripped food retailers’ cost inflation.

This is in turn suggests the UK is most likely to see political agitation over food prices, and could allow UK politicians to suggest that food price inflation is “unfair” or “excessive”.

Source: Food inflation: UK has highest rate in Europe - Telegraph

---

Suprised to see Germany's inflation is that high up - why would it be much higher than say France?!?!

I thought your doll had a puncture until I opened the thread.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Suprised to see Germany's inflation is that high up - why would it be much higher than say France?!?!
      Sausage Taxes?
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        If you'd tried the domestic stuff you'd know why people prefer imported.

Pondlife in "I don't care what you're calling it, it looks and smells like hotdog sausage to me and FFS at least cut it up before putting it in soup" mode.

Comment

Is that a percentage change of inflation, itself a percentage? What's wrong with just a plain inflation rate, which is presumably much higher than 4.9% for food in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Is that a percentage change of inflation, itself a percentage? What's wrong with just a plain inflation rate, which is presumably much higher than 4.9% for food in the UK.
            It's higher if you consider that essential products (milk, bread etc) are often loss leaders and supermarkets rip you off on other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Because anything relevant thats prone to inflation has been taken out of the inflation rate, so it can be manipulated more easily
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
              X