• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I love my customers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my customers

I just had a bug report from a system I maintain for one of my customers. They dilligently took a screen shot. Then printed the screenshot out. Then scanned it in to a pdf. Then emailed me the pdf.

I love it.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

You doing support now are you? You were a BA last week.

Make your ******* mind up.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I just had a bug report from a system I maintain for one of my customers. They dilligently took a screen shot. Then printed the screenshot out. Then scanned it in to a pdf. Then emailed me the pdf.

I love it.
      I think that's quite sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        You doing support now are you? You were a BA last week.

Make your ******* mind up.
        MF, you of all people should know, if people are buying, then we are selling.

I am simply a contractwhore. Big ClientCo needs me to be a BA. A fair few little ClientCos require me to be developer/analsyt/ba/data modeller.

I am just awesome and get paid well for it.

Jealous sledge boy?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I love it.
          IDIOTS!! They could've cut the first two processes down to just one if they had a brain!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

I love it.
            How stupid, they could have taken a photo of the screen, scanned the negative, printed it out and then scanned the picture into MS Office Faxand Scan, export to Open Office via MS Word then pdf it.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              How stupid, they could have taken a photo of the screen, scanned the negative, printed it out and then scanned the picture into MS Office Faxand Scan, export to Open Office via MS Word then pdf it.
              WHS. Users eh?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Client co have a team of content administrators that are rather grandly called "web engineers".

One of them got a new job, which required him to know php. Knowing this guy had no coding skills whatsoever, I politely inquired how he intended to blag it when he arrived. "Oh," he says, "I had a look at their website which is written in php. I did a 'view source' and it looks just like HTML."

Comment

I love it.
                  Why doesn't your system contain error reporting, which will integrate with MAPI and send an email along with the error message to [email protected] ?

If you felt generous you could probably code that up in a hour or so, and blow their minds and get kudos.
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                    Why doesn't your system contain error reporting, which will integrate with MAPI and send an email along with the error message to [email protected] ?

If you felt generous you could probably code that up in a hour or so, tell them it took a week and blow their minds and get kudos.
                    FTFY
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                    X