• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umpbrella Contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umpbrella Contracting

Hello, Iam new to this Forum as well as Contracting. Hope you will give me the best Advice.
    Iam an Indian based in Ireland working for a company. My contract is finishing and one of the Compnay in Belgium has won the contract for Sevices which i provide now. The Belgium company has given me new contract via an English consulting company(Umbrella). They asked me Register in HRMC and get an NT Tax Code, Called HRMC, they need an NIN which i do not have. Bit confused now. Its all a bit mesy, Can you please advice. Thanks in Advance.

Originally posted by TechieinIrl View Post
    Hello, Iam new to this Forum as well as Contracting. Hope you will give me the best Advice.
    Iam an Indian based in Ireland working for a company. My contract is finishing and one of the Compnay in Belgium has won the contract for Sevices which i provide now. The Belgium company has given me new contract via an English consulting company(Umbrella). They asked me Register in HRMC and get an NT Tax Code, Called HRMC, they need an NIN which i do not have. Bit confused now. Its all a bit mesy, Can you please advice. Thanks in Advance.
    Have a word with an accountant like SJD or Nixon Williams.

Comment

Thank yo

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Have a word with an accountant like SJD or Nixon Williams.
      thanks very much, But what would be your advice of Expertise. Iam in a difficult situation or the contrator in UK is putting me in a Situation.
      I adviced her that i can set up my own company in Irl and you can Invoice my company, Initially on phone she agreed to that and called me back saying that "If you set up your own company then you have to make arrangements to get a direct contract from Original contrator in Belgium.
      Now the Company in Belgium has some Penalty liabilities which they agreed up with the company in UK. Is it really not possible the Umbrella company in UK to invoice my company in Ireland?? Please help...

Comment

What does your contract say? If you don't have a contract then demand one from the company you would be working for.

Or do as Old Greg says and contact an accountant (SJD or Nixon Williams) and they will sort it out for you.

We can't tell you what to do as it will depend on your contract...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by TechieinIrl View Post
          thanks very much, But what would be your advice of Expertise. Iam in a difficult situation or the contrator in UK is putting me in a Situation.
          I adviced her that i can set up my own company in Irl and you can Invoice my company, Initially on phone she agreed to that and called me back saying that "If you set up your own company then you have to make arrangements to get a direct contract from Original contrator in Belgium.
          Now the Company in Belgium has some Penalty liabilities which they agreed up with the company in UK. Is it really not possible the Umbrella company in UK to invoice my company in Ireland?? Please help...
          I have no advice or expertise... you need an accountant. LisaContractorUmbrella may be able to help form the Umbrella perspective. ContractorUmbrella is run by SJD, so I am sure is an up front and respectable company - I expect they can offer you some free advice before you sign up.

You present a complicated position, and you need proper professional advice, not people like me making things up.

Comment

Legals

Agree with Old Greg..get pukka advice! Its not just on the contractual side either..you need to make sure that all of the legislation on billing (+ taxation?) is properly sorted

Comment

Working...
            X