• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend offshore composite / umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend offshore composite / umbrella

I am not UK tax resident and may be looking to use a reputable offshore agency who can pay offshore dividends and UK salary.

Any recommendations?

Originally posted by thunderly
    I am not UK tax resident and may be looking to use a reputable offshore agency who can pay offshore dividends and UK salary.

Any recommendations?
    Yes, don't do it. Unless you'd be happy to never return the UK afterwards.
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Any recommendations?
      Tax dodging scum like you should be beheaded.

P.S.
      Nice try Hector.

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
        Tax dodging scum like you should be beheaded.

P.S.
        Nice try Hector.

Now you really are a loser if you get kicks from posting abuse to people you don't know.

You know nothing about me and I have never evaded tax in my life. If you read my post properly - I said I 'may' be interested.

Fyi, I am in the process of getting professional tax advice from a top 10 UK firm and am merely finding out what my options are at present.

Comment

Now you really are a loser if you get kicks from posting abuse to people you don't know.

You know nothing about me and I have never evaded tax in my life. If you read my post properly - I said I 'may' be interested.

Fyi, I am in the process of getting professional tax advice from a top 10 UK firm and am merely finding out what my options are at present.
          You do need to tread carefully. If you are in the UK and working here then you are almost certain to be UK resident. However you are unlikely to be ordinarily resident and unlikely to be domiciled here.

This gives you certain potential advantages.

HMCR will seek to tax you on a remittance basis for any overseas income (basically if you receive it in the UK it is within scope). They will also seek to tax you on any income generated in the UK.

Simply billing from an offshore route is not good enough. This is still income asessable under the UK system. [If anybody suggests this then it may well work, but as soon as anybody in the chain has an inspection the IR will know exactly where to come and look which may or may not be a big problem for you].

What you need to do structure your affairs so that most of the income is the companies but is not income at all. It used to be possible to do this with compensation payments if they were set up in the right way (basically your co gets a large payment for releasing you to another co). However wehat works and doesn't in this area rapidly changes. Also they are always open to challenge.

Generally the cost of the advice and setting up of arrangements will cost more than the tax savings unless the sums involved are large. Don;t forget that even though you are not resident here you may well still be resident somewhere, they will have an interest in you.

Personally I suspect the most efficient way for you will be to pay a low salary, CT on the rest then distruibute divis upto the 20% threshold. Retain the rest in the company and pay it out as a capital gain when you leave the country.

As you say you'll get proper advice from who you are paying. BTW there are a lot of good books on international tax planning.

Comment

Working...
          X