PDA

View Full Version : Plan B - Internet Home Page

SallyAnne
2nd March 2011, 13:33
Can one of you boffins please develop some "internet personalised home page" software for me please?

I want to only have one web page open for: -

my web mail
facebook emails & notifications & news feed
Linked in emails/notifications & news feed
my uni emails
mails from this place

Or does something like this already exist?

Ta,
Sal

amcdonald
2nd March 2011, 13:36
Just give me your bank account details and I'll do the needful

FiveTimes
2nd March 2011, 13:38
Can one of you boffins please develop some "internet personalised home page" software for me please?

my web mail
my uni emails
mails from this place

Ta,
Sal

gmail.

2BIT
2nd March 2011, 13:46
gmail.

I was thinking such a page would be really cool then remembered that I use gmail for this :happy

ThomasSoerensen
2nd March 2011, 13:49

my web mail
my uni emails
mails from this place

Ta,
Sal

do you often find yourself in the situation where you are the first person on the planet to discover a need?

SallyAnne
2nd March 2011, 13:52
do you often find yourself in the situation where you are the first person on the planet to discover a need?

I'll invent something one of these days, damn it!!

Now what's this new fangled gmail you speak of...

ThomasSoerensen
2nd March 2011, 13:53

you will never find the secret url - muhahahaha

Pondlife
2nd March 2011, 13:55

Set yourself a google mail account up (Gmail) and use it to import any other email accounts you want to see (using POP3/IMAP under settings..import IIRC)

Then log into iGoogle and set it as your homepage. You can also add news sites and I think they also have a facebook "gadget" aswell.

Edit: They have a linkedin gadget called "Connect In" too

d000hg
2nd March 2011, 14:52
iGoogle (http://www.google.co.uk/ig) is what you want, but you'll need a Google account... which you can get simply by setting up a gmail account.

You can add all kinds of widgets (http://www.google.co.uk/ig/directory?root=/ig&dpos=top) to your iGoogle page, including Hotmail, FaceBook, news/weather/etc and even a cure hamster.

SallyAnne
2nd March 2011, 15:41
Set yourself a google mail account up (Gmail) and use it to import any other email accounts you want to see (using POP3/IMAP under settings..import IIRC)

Then log into iGoogle and set it as your homepage. You can also add news sites and I think they also have a facebook "gadget" aswell.

Edit: They have a linkedin gadget called "Connect In" too

Oh Pondy, you've always been the best one :yay:

SallyAnne
2nd March 2011, 15:42
iGoogle (http://www.google.co.uk/ig) is what you want, but you'll need a Google account... which you can get simply by setting up a gmail account.

You can add all kinds of widgets (http://www.google.co.uk/ig/directory?root=/ig&dpos=top) to your iGoogle page, including Hotmail, FaceBook, news/weather/etc and even a cure hamster.

Too late - Pondlife got the credit - you suck! :wink

Pondlife
2nd March 2011, 15:51
Oh Pondy, you've always been the best one :yay:

:o

Secretly does the who's the daddy dance but looks like a :winker: and so sits back down again.

FiveTimes
2nd March 2011, 15:54
Too late - Pondlife got the credit - you suck! :wink

Oi - I suggested gmail first :ohwell

SallyAnne
2nd March 2011, 15:55
Oi - I suggested gmail first :ohwell

You threw the idea in there, then ran for the hills and expected me to do all the leg work.

Typical bloke!

You get nothing, nothing!!

SallyAnne
2nd March 2011, 15:56
:o

Secretly does the who's the daddy dance but looks like a :winker: and so sits back down again.

It was more "dad dance" than "who's the daddy" wasn't it? :laugh

Pondlife
2nd March 2011, 15:58
It was more "dad dance" than "who's the daddy" wasn't it? :laugh

No. Honest. :o

Halo Jones
2nd March 2011, 16:09
I had a similar moment on Monday; was complaining that there was no global wish list for all internet shops only to discover Amazon will now let you link any website to your wish list.

Churchill
2nd March 2011, 16:18
I had a similar moment on Monday; was complaining that there was no global wish list for all internet shops only to discover Amazon will now let you link any website to your wish list.

Guess what the common denominator is...

original PM
2nd March 2011, 16:38
t*ts and a f*nny

do I win a prize now?

EternalOptimist
2nd March 2011, 16:47
try gmail.
send a pic of yer jugs for more details

:rolleyes:

SallyAnne
2nd March 2011, 16:52
t*ts and a f*nny

do I win a prize now?

No, but you DO win a :spank:

original PM
2nd March 2011, 17:26
aye well

Any port in a storm and all that!

d000hg
2nd March 2011, 20:37
Too late - Pondlife got the credit - you suck! :winkNot quite. He says you have to use gmail for all your email. If you happen to be a hotmail user you can plonk that on your iGoogle page and use gmail only to get the iGoogle account, rather than go through the hassle (though gmail is great and I recommend it). I don't know if the same applies for yahoo and other well-known ones.

Lumiere
3rd March 2011, 11:55
Yes - My Yahoo! - Yahoo! UK (http://uk.my.yahoo.com/)

I have a number of email accounts combined there, news, weather, shares, currencies, even CUK :)