• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Visiting client site tomorrow with work uncompleted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visiting client site tomorrow with work uncompleted

Last visited a client last Thursday. They sprung a piece of work on me which by the end of the day was uncompleted due to the size.

So I said I'd finish it doing the week and charge them the extra hours.

I've done another contract Fri, Mon, Tue, Wed. Fri out evening. Saturday worked all day in the shop, evening did the accounts. Sunday, suppliers, shop in the afternoon, started on shop accounts Sunday. Mon, Tue, Wed, accounts/receipts. Finished last night.

Spent two hours this evening renewing insurance, other stuff on the phone to idiot call centres. Now need to do 4 hours ready for tomorrow morning.

**** it.

I'm going to watch the cricket highlights instead and then go and have a
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

All that googling for naughty frogs pushed you over the edge has it?

Comment

Say you did it but you left it on the bus.

Or your dog peed all over it.

Happened to me all the time at school...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Last visited a client last Thursday. They sprung a piece of work on me which by the end of the day was uncompleted due to the size.

So I said I'd finish it doing the week and charge them the extra hours.

I've done another contract Fri, Mon, Tue, Wed. Fri out evening. Saturday worked all day in the shop, evening did the accounts. Sunday, suppliers, shop in the afternoon, started on shop accounts Sunday. Mon, Tue, Wed, accounts/receipts. Finished last night.

Spent two hours this evening renewing insurance, other stuff on the phone to idiot call centres. Now need to do 4 hours ready for tomorrow morning.

**** it.

I'm going to watch the cricket highlights instead and then go and have a

1. Tell them you have not finished it due to sickness, or

2. Phone in sick, or

3. Tell them you have finished it- they probably wont look closely at it
        for a few days, by which time you really have finished it and sent them an update

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
          1. Tell them you have not finished it due to sickness, or

2. Phone in sick, or

3. Tell them you have finished it- they probably wont look closely at it
          for a few days, by which time you really have finished it and sent them an update
          Or get up early and head to client site now.

Comment

Or get up early and head to client site now.
            Or you could piss off for a couple of years(again) and give us all a break.

I'm just waiting for the "MarillionFan" saved the day post...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

I'm just waiting for the "MarillionFan" goes postal at client site post...
              FTFY
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

I'm just waiting for the "MarillionFan" saved the day post...
                Morning fatty.

Would love to stay and chat but there's a plane falling from the sky with 300 people in it and about to die.

Just off to 'save the day'

Dun dun duhhhhh!

Comment

Morning fatty.

Would love to stay and chat but there's a plane falling from the sky with 300 people in it and about to die.

Just off to 'save the day'

Dun dun duhhhhh!
                  Morning Chubba, you done your homework yet?

Comment

tripe ...

I thought they wanted you to go perm last week and the dba had changed the password ?

Comment

Working...
                    X