• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mac OSX 10.7 Lion Preview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac OSX 10.7 Lion Preview

Anyway tried it? it's on the App Store if you are a paid developer - $99 not much, or from the errm, usual sources

It's very nice, reputed to be not even beta, runs very well no crashes, but Cisco AnyConnect doesn't work for me so I've had to bin it.

It's quite revolutionary in a way, the mouse is upside down! You now push up to pull the page down instead of scroll-down. It's worse than driving a Toyota with the indicators on the wrong side....

Loads of 'gestures' two and three fingered salutes, but you need the 60 quid trackpad for that really - magic mouse does it too but just confuses..

Worth a whiz for the Mac head, even this Alpha is waaayy better than Windows 7 on my work lappy...

Yawn.

Looks like FreeBSD will stick around for a few more years.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Yawn.

Looks like FreeBSD will stick around for a few more years.
      With its security flaws...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        With its security flaws...
        Never had a problem with FreeBSD here. Never heard of anyone having a problem that wasn't down to a application getting hacked and not the OS itself.

Comment

Working...
        X