• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Garry up the tulipter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garry up the tulipter

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/4769164.stm

And he looks like some sort of bloody kung-foo master now - "blend over young glasshopper".

Mind you, I wonder if it really was a set up by the tabloids?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

wasn't he kicked out of Cambodia for some dodgy goings on
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
      He spent a couple of days chatting to the authorities in one of their nice facilities after they became aware of his history. He then left and soon returned to fight the deportation order.

Comment

So what does the panel think

(and I use that last term in the loosest of senses) about the kite being flown regarding the gubmint enacting new laws to charge 'sex-tourists' for illegal acts in other countries. In conjunction with the new 'some hick in america thinks you look a little like the guy who once frightened them accidentally, so we're extraditing you for the death sentence' laws, does the panel think that NL really are giving away not just our sovereignty but our citizens too?
        Why not?

Comment

Blinding flash of light

Do you know anybody in the USA who could reasonably claim they were assaulted by any of Alistair Campbell, Gordon Brown, Tony B.Liar, John Prescott (oh surely he must be an easy one to fit up) ?
          Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
            (and I use that last term in the loosest of senses) about the kite being flown regarding the gubmint enacting new laws to charge 'sex-tourists' for illegal acts in other countries. In conjunction with the new 'some hick in america thinks you look a little like the guy who once frightened them accidentally, so we're extraditing you for the death sentence' laws, does the panel think that NL really are giving away not just our sovereignty but our citizens too?
            Personally I'm dead against it. If what you have done in the destination country is legal there then trying to charge you on the grounds it's against UK is iffy. Potentially a very slippery slope indeed IMO.

Where do you stop. Should a 16 year old who got lucky with a 14 year old girl in Portugal on his holiday get placed on the sex offenders register and locked up for USI?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
              According to someone interviewed on R4 today, GG AKA Paul Gadd was posing as a doctor in order to get children to visit his home. Decidedly iffy, and the perverted get deserves all he gets IMO.

Comment

I agree with DG and ASB on this. I hate the whole concept of supra nationality, as if there is some global law or morality that should be imposed globally.

In this case we are not really talking about morality at all, simply some arbitrary age at which the physically sexually mature should be deemed legally sexually mature. Don't forget that the world's youngest mother, according to the Guiness Book of Records anyhow, was 8 years old. In impoverished third world countries where life expectancy is shorter it doesn't necessarily make sense to apply the same rules.

As if any of it were that simple. Yeh right! can't have kids selling themselves for sex. Awful. In the dream world some live in we call it letting them enjoy their childhood. Having added our indignation to the pot and done our bit to end this terrible trade we move on to the next global target for self righteousness and let those we have saved from exploitation starve or work themselves to death in mines for 20p a week instead.
                Last edited by xoggoth; 3 March 2006, 22:06.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I see there is a prog on the glam rockers on BBC1 tonight. David Bowie, Marc Bolan etc. Got a bet with the wife as to whether they can manage to do such a prog without mentioning our Gary. I think they will have to but it will be a small one. About 10s.

PS I intend to start a free Gary Glitter campaign. It will be run in conjunction with my other campaigns to free that nice Sadam Hussein and posthumously absolve Adolph.
                  bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Not about to sit through the likes of David Bowie either, yech!!, but the intro was very specific that is that it was about specific artists so I geuss not. Neat way round the problem.
                    bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                    X