• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What car?

Looking for a new car to replace my MG which is carp when it comes to good fuel economy. Looking for something big (have 3 kids at the weekend), comfy for long trips on the motorway (am clocking up 800 miles a week at the moment), with a good MPG thats still fun to drive.

Is a BMW 520d too obvious a choice?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Yes. Next.

Comment

M5 Touring
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Looking for a new car to replace my MG which is carp when it comes to good fuel economy. Looking for something big (have 3 kids at the weekend), comfy for long trips on the motorway (am clocking up 800 miles a week at the moment), with a good MPG thats still fun to drive.

THE perfect car (as long as it never snows again and you don't care that no one will let you out of a side junction or merge into anothe lane).

Alpina d3 BiTurbo touring (get the estate version).

BMW Alpina D3 BiTurbo - a great diesel | Cars UK | UK Car News

And this one is a good hole to fill with the BMW Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo, a 3 Series diesel with the heart of a hot hatch. Alpina has taken the engine out of the 1 Series 123d and given it a boost to 240bhp, in the process dropping the 0-60 time to a very creditable 6.9 seconds
        But it’s not the sprint that count, but the way this peppy diesel unit delivers it. With a big (relatively) lump of torque at it’s disposal it feels much quicker than the headline times. In fact, it’ up there with the 330D, but drinks like a miser. Fuel economy is stunning 52mpg, and just 143g/km Co2.

52 mpg combined economy

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          M5 Touring
          To be honest that will probably still give me better fuel economy than what I'm getting at the moment

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

What MG, a ZT-T?
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              THE perfect car (as long as it never snows again and you don't care that no one will let you out of a side junction or merge into anothe lane).

Alpina d3 BiTurbo touring (get the estate version).

BMW Alpina D3 BiTurbo - a great diesel | Cars UK | UK Car News

And this one is a good hole to fill with the BMW Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo, a 3 Series diesel with the heart of a hot hatch. Alpina has taken the engine out of the 1 Series 123d and given it a boost to 240bhp, in the process dropping the 0-60 time to a very creditable 6.9 seconds
              But it’s not the sprint that count, but the way this peppy diesel unit delivers it. With a big (relatively) lump of torque at it’s disposal it feels much quicker than the headline times. In fact, it’ up there with the 330D, but drinks like a miser. Fuel economy is stunning 52mpg, and just 143g/km Co2.

52 mpg combined economy
              Had a 3 series so used to the joys of snow + RWD (the lowest point was when I was struggling to get up a hill and was over taken by a 20 odd year old capri held together by tape ) but looking for something a bit bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                What MG, a ZT-T?
                MG ZS 180+ (basically a rover 400, or a 20 year old honda civic which ever whay you look at it with a chavvy body kit and a rear spoiler that can double up as a helipad)

Comment

Had a 3 series so used to the joys of snow + RWD (the lowest point was when I was struggling to get up a hill and was over taken by a 20 odd year old capri held together by tape ) but looking for something a bit bigger.
                  Tell me about it. Having those wide Continental tyres, low ride height, deep front spoiler and a heavy engine up front meant pretty much 3 inches of snow even on a slight incline was an impossibility. Car would just slowly rotate one wheel whilst 99% of the world drove by laughing.

Comment

I ended up getting a 5 series for the same reasons you outline. It's fine for moi
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X