• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's a strange thing, jazz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a strange thing, jazz

Can't stand it meself but made a few quid playing it.
    Last edited by Cliphead; 3 March 2011, 22:10.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Can't stand it meself but made a few quick playing it.
    heheh

first lol for weeks

hehehhehehehehe
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I didn't rise to the bait of a previous thread having a pop at jazz but this time...
      Tonight I've been listening to Art Blakey, Pink Martini, John Coltrane, Wynton Marsalis and Koop, amongst others. Fantastic stuff.
      I spent several weeks in 2004 slumming it in jazz/blues bars in New Orleans; one of the best times of my life. Met a lovely young lady who sang swing numbers in a band. Visited The Preservation Hall where old timers still play.
      Well, some of it isn't my bag either. I find most tracks with any flute involved irritating.
      But now I'm in my 40s I like nothing more than a couple of ales in a jazz bar; Matt & Phred's here in Manchester is pretty good.
      Ah, Miles Davis is on. Must be off.

Comment

Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
        I didn't rise to the bait of a previous thread having a pop at jazz but this time...
        Tonight I've been listening to Art Blakey, Pink Martini, John Coltrane, Wynton Marsalis and Koop, amongst others. Fantastic stuff.
        I spent several weeks in 2004 slumming it in jazz/blues bars in New Orleans; one of the best times of my life. Met a lovely young lady who sang swing numbers in a band. Visited The Preservation Hall where old timers still play.
        Well, some of it isn't my bag either. I find most tracks with any flute involved irritating.
        But now I'm in my 40s I like nothing more than a couple of ales in a jazz bar; Matt & Phred's here in Manchester is pretty good.
        fantastic story.
        did you ever get to beale st or BB Kings
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

Got pissed after a gig and commandeered the upright bass. Messed around playing random notes and got offered a gig by rather famous bandleader, he was a bit miffed when I told him I'd never played bass before.

Either rare talent or modern jazz is mostly
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Nice.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Well someone had to post it:
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Nice.
                Greeeeaaaat
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  did you ever get to beale st or BB Kings
                  Ventured way outside the French Quarter one night after a Mardi Gras ball in the company of 3 girls I met there. We drove out to, I think, Metairie, well off the regular tourist path. The local bars had the 2nd Line in attendance, which is, as far as I could ascertain, a wandering jazz ensemble. Meeting a limey was quite a novelty for people in the bar and they were so welcoming. I was relieved to find the offer of them showing me a shotgun was, in fact, a reference to a slang name for the little wood houses there.

Comment

Ventured way outside the French Quarter one night after a Mardi Gras ball in the company of 3 girls I met there. We drove out to, I think, Metairie, well off the regular tourist path. The local bars had the 2nd Line in attendance, which is, as far as I could ascertain, a wandering jazz ensemble. Meeting a limey was quite a novelty for people in the bar and they were so welcoming. I was relieved to find the offer of them showing me a shotgun was, in fact, a reference to a slang name for the little wood houses there.
                    great stuff.
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X