• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair Bares All

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blair Bares All

[SIZE=2]Blair 'prayed to God' over Iraq [/SIZE]

From Auntie Beeb at Blair Bares All

Mr Blair's remarks

Prime Minister Tony Blair has told how he prayed to God when deciding whether or not to send UK troops to Iraq.
    Mr Blair answered "yes" when asked on ITV1 chat show Parkinson - to be screened on Saturday - if he had sought holy intervention on the issue.

Great......not only do we have a lying, sociopathic, corrupt PM....but we have a fanatical god-botherer as well at the helm of the SS Neu Labeurazi.

Citizens of the UK...we are well and truly f****d. Leave now while you can.

"Of course, you struggle with your own conscience about it... and it's one of these situations that, I suppose, very few people ever find themselves in."

Anti-war campaigners attacked Mr Blair's comments as "a joke".

Mr Blair told show host Michael Parkinson: "In the end, there is a judgement that, I think if you have faith about these things, you realise that judgement is made by other people... and if you believe in God, it's made by God as well."

Judgement is made by other people is it Mr Blair ? Then how come the people didnt get a vote on whether to go to war ? God made the Judgement did he ? Point me to the article please....

"When you're faced with a decision like that, some of those decisions have been very, very difficult, most of all because you know these are people's lives and, in some case, their deaths.

"The only way you can take a decision like that is to do the right thing according to your conscience."

So, whilst your singular conscience says "yeah, let's go for it", you ignore the voices of everyone else do you Mr Blair ?

Anti-war campaigner Rose Gentle, whose son Gordon died in Basra in 2004, said: "A good Christian wouldn't be for this war.

"I'm actually quite disgusted by the comments. It's a joke."

Dr Evan Harris, a Liberal Democrat MP and honorary associate of the National Secular Society, said the comments were "bizarre" and warned against politicians making "references to deity" in public life.

On the show, Mr Blair also talks about his most embarrassing prime ministerial moment.

When giving a press conference in France, he was asked if there were any French policies he would like to imitate.

Mr Blair, trying to answer in French, replied: "I desire your prime minister in many different positions."

I think the comment was misquoted. He was actually talking about George Bush.

Asked if he would serve a full term as prime minister, he said he was "getting on" with a busy programme and it had to be judged according to the work he had to do, rather than the time.

"If I sound embarrassed answering these questions it's because I've spent so long trying to avoid answering them," he said.

He was also asked about his relationship with Gordon Brown.

Parkinson said: "The trouble is, prime minister, you keep saying, 'Gordon and I are good pals' but no-one believes you."

Mr Blair answered: "Yeah, but politics is very hard to have a friendship in...

"There is only one top job and it's not an ignoble ambition to want it, so there's all those difficulties there.

Harrumph...any person who wishes and strives to be in a position of power is inherently not fit for the job. The best leaders of men and nations are those who don't actually covet the position.

"People have written that we are about to fall out drastically and go for each other for years and years and years, and whatever the difficulties, it's still a good partnership and one I'm very proud of.

"I'm proud to call him a friend and I always will be."

Elsewhere in the interview, Mr Blair recalled Labour's 1997 election victory. "People used to like me then," he said.

Uh-Oh....he's on the "No one loves me anymore" train of thought...which is soon followed by the "..but I'll show them", which leads on to "...they will beg for mercy when I am done".....followed by "Cacking Evil Laughter" and "Mass Genocide"....

Mr Blair also talks about the first time his father-in-law, actor Tony Booth, - an old friend of Parkinson - visited his home after he and wife Cherie had married.

Mr Booth had asked if he could light a cannabis joint, Mr Blair said.

"I was thinking this is my father-in-law, surely this should be the other way around.

"I said no, incidentally."

Surely at the time, cannabis was a more controlled and illicit substance, and therefore Mr. Blair should have called the Police to make an arrest ? But he chose not to ?

Great....so added to the list of serious character flaws, we now add "complicity in illegal drug use".

Come on...own up.....who voted for this utter w@nkstain on the festering boil of the faeces-ridden political landscape of the Labour party ?
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Miharkula, who is generally known as God of destruction, was one of the last ruler who belonged to White Hun race, invaded India in fourth century AD. Pt. Kalhan has given him the title of God of Destruction because of two famous events in his life.

In 530 AD he was defeated by king Yasovarman, and had to flee India. While on his flight he changed his mind and persuaded the king of Kashmir to Grant him asylum. While he wormed his way into Valley his baggage also included the train of elephants. While ascending the Piir Panchal the foot of an elephant slipped and the tusker went hurtling down the mountain. As life is dear to man so is to the beast and unfortunate elephant trumpeted distressfully appealing perhaps for the help. But Mihirkula who was cruel and of violent nature enjoyed the fatal moaning in the spirit of the supernatural beings inimical to mankind. So much did his ear feel ticked by the sound that he caused another elephant to be hurled down in order to cater to his enjoyment. He became intoxicated with it, and his appetite for this ‘monstrous music’ grew and a hundred elephants found their death that day in the gorge of Pir Panchal to satiate the perversity of the Miharkula.

The spot where the elephant slipped has acquired the name of ‘Hastivanj’. Another famous event was that he wanted to divert the river Chandrakulya, (at present tsuntikul). While doing so laborers confronted a rock in mid stream and could not remove it even with all their combined might. The presence of the rock caused an obstruction and the King’s plan was thus wrecked. But Miharkula was dead set to complete his mission at any cost.

Meanwhile, on one night when he was deeply concerned, he saw a dream and the God spoke to him about the problem which was hanging heavy on his heart. God said that his men who were striking against the rock was the citadel of a might Yaksa, who was an ascetic wedded to celibacy and was bound to repel any effort to overthrow him by physical might. As a celestial being, the Yaksa was vulnerable to chastity and were a chaste woman touch the rock, he would not have the power to obstruct.

The King was delighted, for he had been provided with solution and commanded that a chaste woman be asked to touch the rock. It was privileged upon the ladies of the palace and of high families to approach the rock in order of priority and each of them returned with a stain on her fair name when the rock stood still. The reputation of so many ladies became suspect that people came to regard the dream as another whim of King to harass his subjects.

When the ladies of the noble stock had failed to move the rock, the turn to try her luck fell to the lot of a poor woman. Chandrawati was the wife of a potter. Those others who had endeavored in vain sneered at her when she approached the rock. This potter’s wife trod with confidence and touched the rock. The wonder happened and the rock moved by her touch. The King was full of wrath and had all those woman of high families slaughtered who had failed to move the rock. Truly has the title suited him the God of destruction.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

superb

i wonder which 'God' Tony worships since his behaviour doesn't suggest any God that I have heard of previously

amazing he managed to find this obscure role model in a democracy that refuses to teach civics in its schools

error

ps The good news for the faithful is that Tony will indeed be rewarded by God for his actions. I can hear the screaming and smell the burning flesh already.
      jobjock www.dreamturbine.com

Comment

Working...
      X