• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teach an old dog new tricks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teach an old dog new tricks

We always hear about these 'remarkable' stories of 'jim on the checkout of B&Q at 72 because he refuses to retire and wants to keep his marbles through working'

So... Are we all destined to using the price gun at the plumbing row in 10 years when the bobs have taken all our business?

Suppose what I am saying is are your skills transferable to another market that you think will be viable in 10 years.

Labour were working hard to solve this issue by making us all poorer and hence able to compete with Bob, and the Tories are running with Gordon's baton. Trouble is, IMO, there is great inequity now in our society. Some are coining it on the back of a surplus of cheap labour while others would be lucky to get a job at checkout at B&Q, especially at 72. I think this needs to be addressed before we can become a healthy nation. All sections of society should suffer more equally.

Comment

I'm importing stuff from China, if you can't beat'em sell their junk
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        All sections of society should suffer more equally.
        Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
        X