• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone heard of this band?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone heard of this band?

They sound like the current scourge of the Daily Mail - a group whose act incorporates nudity, simulated sex and a routine in which a Cadillac is destroyed with chainsaws.

Who's this then? The latest shock rock act from the States? Nope, a band that were, in fact, formed almost 40 years ago. And I'd never heard of them.

They're called The Tubes & I just spent much of yesterday evening checking them out on YouTube. Fantastic, gonna have to get some of their stuff. Anyone here ever come across 'em?

I saw Rock Bitch once, before they got banned from nearly every venue in this country

Their lesbian stage act was novel at least
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      They're called The Tubes & I just spent much of yesterday evening checking them out on YouTube. Fantastic, gonna have to get some of their stuff. Anyone here ever come across 'em?
      Heh yep! I've got White Punks on Dope and Don't Touch Me There on 7" Vinyl and some of their stuff on compliations. I remember a documentary on them being shown on the BBC where a fan saw them in the street and asked them to sign his copy of their new album - they beat him up and smashed up the record. It was obviously staged.

Comment

Great band. I saw them at the Bristol Locarno in 1981.
        Didn't see any cars being smashed up or simulated sex but the lead singer assumed a number of different outrageously attired personae during the show. In one of these, he was wearing no more than a strip of masking tape as a jock strap & his cock & balls were hanging out for a couple of numbers. I was right at the front too

Comment

When you described it, I thought it was S Club 7.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
            I saw Rock Bitch once, before they got banned from nearly every venue in this country

Their lesbian stage act was novel at least
            They came to visit a company where I worked once (we supplied them with bass amps).

Just missed 2 of them coming out of the gents as I walked in.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Pussies compared to the unsurprisingly late GG Allin...

Halloween's Unseen - Ghost Stories and Pictures

Comment

Christ are they still going

I have a couple of single of theirs from decades ago..
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  Heh yep! I've got White Punks on Dope and Don't Touch Me There on 7" Vinyl and some of their stuff on compliations.
                  Yeah, great stuff. For some reason reminded me to look out some SAHB stuff too.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                  X