PDA

View Full Version : Contractor Paying Off Mortgage

valluvan
4th March 2011, 11:53
Just wondering how long contractors in general take to pay off their mortgage.

Of course there are lots of variables such as mortgage amount left,daily rate, life style etc etc.....But if we assume an average mortgage amount of 175000 and a daily rate of 400....how early have you paid it off??

monobrow
4th March 2011, 12:47

Of course there are lots of variables such as mortgage amount left,daily rate, life style etc etc.....But if we assume an average mortgage amount of 175000 and a daily rate of 400....how early have you paid it off??

Is there a worse post of the year competition on this CCUK? if not, can we create one, and can I vote for this one please.

thank you

Peoplesoft bloke
4th March 2011, 13:00
Is there a worse post of the year competition on this CCUK? if not, can we create one, and can I vote for this one please.

thank you

:spelWorst

but I totally agree

FiveTimes
4th March 2011, 13:05

HTH

northernladuk
4th March 2011, 13:14

So lets ignore all the variables required to make a reasonably helpful answer and ask anyway knowing that the answer is just complete bolox

Good plan :laugh

Where can I vote on monobrows competition.

rightfluff
4th March 2011, 13:41

do we include tips? ;->

configman
4th March 2011, 14:26

I'm a contractor and pay cash, no mortgage required.

MarillionFan
4th March 2011, 18:22

I got my first mortgage at 27. Started contracting a year later, paid if off 3 years later. Borrowed another 150K, paid that off 5 years late. Assume at 400 per day that you can pay off 25k - 30k per year from contracting alone.

Answer your question.

Alf W
4th March 2011, 18:36
Any excess I pay off mine is only going to effectively work for me at just a tad over 1%. Why would I want to invest my cash in that scheme?

valluvan
7th March 2011, 15:44
I got my first mortgage at 27. Started contracting a year later, paid if off 3 years later. Borrowed another 150K, paid that off 5 years late. Assume at 400 per day that you can pay off 25k - 30k per year from contracting alone.

Answer your question.

Cheers MF....I have a similar target to be mortgage free in 5 or less years ....repaying @25-30K/year

cailin maith
7th March 2011, 15:46
ValluVan your name makes me think of chicken & mushroom vol-au-vents. Wierd huh?

valluvan
7th March 2011, 16:01
ValluVan your name makes me think of chicken & mushroom vol-au-vents. Wierd huh?

Thiruvalluvar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiruvalluvar)

rightfluff
7th March 2011, 16:05
Cheers MF....I have a similar target to be mortgage free in 5 or less years ....repaying @25-30K/year

Don't tell the wife you've paid the mortgage off she'll just want to move to a bigger place. Happened to me last year.

valluvan
7th March 2011, 16:07
Don't tell the wife you've paid the mortgage off she'll just want to move to a bigger place. Happened to me last year.

Sure thing! :happy

Old Greg
7th March 2011, 16:09

Is she bringing you with her?

MarillionFan
7th March 2011, 16:10
Is she bringing you with her?

You're getting confused with Tingles. He also upgraded his five bedroom mansion to a caravan. A step up his wife said as she kept the house. :eyes

cailin maith
7th March 2011, 16:21
Thiruvalluvar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiruvalluvar)

Oh right, so nothing to do with 70's party food/Irish wedding food after all. Shame :ohwell

Old Greg
7th March 2011, 20:38
Oh right, so nothing to do with 70's party food/Irish wedding food after all. Shame :ohwell

Funnily enough, the vol-au-vent was originally adapted from the Tamil custom of eating from banana leaves.

DimPrawn
7th March 2011, 20:40
Funnily enough, the vol-au-vent was originally adapted from the Tamil custom of eating from banana leaves.

Dirty immigrants.

valluvan
8th March 2011, 11:41
Dirty immigrants.

Traditional South Indian Meals on a Banana Leaf - Mobissimo Blog IN (http://blog.mobissimo.in/archives/225-Traditional-South-Indian-Meals-on-a-Banana-Leaf.html)

cailin maith
8th March 2011, 11:45

Really?!

Hmmnnnn chicken & mushroom... yum.

Sockpuppet
8th March 2011, 11:48

70's. Voluvonts are as relevant today as they've ever been ;)

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 11:49
Really?!

Yes, really. Just as the scotch egg was adapted from nargis koftas.

Pondlife
8th March 2011, 11:51
Shouldn't we wait for some newbie numpty to post something stupid before breaking out the CUK party food?

FiveTimes
8th March 2011, 11:51
Really?!

Don't you mean a tin of chunky chicken :D

cailin maith
8th March 2011, 12:23
70's. Voluvonts are as relevant today as they've ever been ;)

In sockpuppet world maybe :P

Don't you mean a tin of chunky chicken :D

Ugh - tinned meat. You English are sooooooo wierd.

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 14:02
In sockpuppet world maybe :P

Ugh - tinned meat. You English are sooooooo wierd.

Ever heard of London Grill? Breakfast in a tin. London Grill - the ultimate breakfast in a tin! | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonryan/281381900/)

It was based on an Indian Thali, originally.

cailin maith
8th March 2011, 14:22
Ever heard of London Grill? Breakfast in a tin. London Grill - the ultimate breakfast in a tin! | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonryan/281381900/)

It was based on an Indian Thali, originally.

That's sick & wrong :puke:

Old Greg
8th March 2011, 14:26

Especially eaten cold out of the tin on the tube en route to work.

Churchill
8th March 2011, 15:11

No worse than cold curry the morning after! :puke:

Tinned Tuna and Beans, the food of champions! Well Paras and Marines anyway.