• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Paying Off Mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Paying Off Mortgage

Just wondering how long contractors in general take to pay off their mortgage.

Of course there are lots of variables such as mortgage amount left,daily rate, life style etc etc.....But if we assume an average mortgage amount of 175000 and a daily rate of 400....how early have you paid it off??

Originally posted by valluvan View Post

Of course there are lots of variables such as mortgage amount left,daily rate, life style etc etc.....But if we assume an average mortgage amount of 175000 and a daily rate of 400....how early have you paid it off??
    Is there a worse post of the year competition on this CCUK? if not, can we create one, and can I vote for this one please.

thank you
    Cloud Computing - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by monobrow View Post
      Is there a worse post of the year competition on this CCUK? if not, can we create one, and can I vote for this one please.

thank you
      Worst

but I totally agree

Comment

HTH

Comment

So lets ignore all the variables required to make a reasonably helpful answer and ask anyway knowing that the answer is just complete bolox

Good plan

Where can I vote on monobrows competition.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

do we include tips? ;->

Comment

I'm a contractor and pay cash, no mortgage required.

Comment

I got my first mortgage at 27. Started contracting a year later, paid if off 3 years later. Borrowed another 150K, paid that off 5 years late. Assume at 400 per day that you can pay off 25k - 30k per year from contracting alone.

Answer your question.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Any excess I pay off mine is only going to effectively work for me at just a tad over 1%. Why would I want to invest my cash in that scheme?
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I got my first mortgage at 27. Started contracting a year later, paid if off 3 years later. Borrowed another 150K, paid that off 5 years late. Assume at 400 per day that you can pay off 25k - 30k per year from contracting alone.

Answer your question.
                    Cheers MF....I have a similar target to be mortgage free in 5 or less years ....repaying @25-30K/year

Comment

Working...
                    X