• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Review - March 10th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Review - March 10th

Reported on the main site - IR35 review is expected to be released on Thursday:
    IR35 review to report on March 10 :: Contractor UK - Contracting News and Guides

This is just an interim report by the sounds of it with the full review out a few months later.

You can see how much IR35 resonates with us professional small businesses here. Wasn't it something to do with some employees using limited companies to avoid tax or something?

Bloody permies.

Comment

IR35 does not work which is why not many people are that bothered on here, and that's the main reason they are reviewing it.

HTH

Comment

I'm hopeful they won't get round to replacing it for a good couple of years by which time I fully intend to be out of this game anyway
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

You can see how much IR35 resonates with us professional small businesses here. Wasn't it something to do with some employees using limited companies to avoid tax or something?

Bloody permies.
          Don't be daft, there's nothing professional about your business.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Don't be daft, there's nothing professional about your business.
            Not very Christian is it?

And good day to you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

IR35 does not work which is why not many people are that bothered on here, and that's the main reason they are reviewing it.

HTH
              I'm sure the main reason they're reviewing it is to come up with something that _does_ work consistently - in HMR&C's favour.

Even if it starts out innocuous, a sort of "nothing to worry about here, move on" kind of thing, that'll be just a crafty stake in the ground - It won't stay that way for long.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                I'm sure the main reason they're reviewing it is to come up with something that _does_ work consistently - in HMR&C's favour.

Even if it starts out innocuous, a sort of "nothing to worry about here, move on" kind of thing, that'll be just a crafty stake in the ground - It won't stay that way for long.
                I blame the Lib Dems.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Not very Christian is it?
                  The word doesn't mean what you think it does. Calling out frauds is quite biblical.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                    Reported on the main site - IR35 review is expected to be released on Thursday:
                    IR35 review to report on March 10 :: Contractor UK - Contracting News and Guides

This is just an interim report by the sounds of it with the full review out a few months later.
                    Thanks for the heads up. As regards that last PM, don't worry, no need to step in I can handle MF he's a pussycat really.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X