• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well chuffed ! Just licensed my first music project to Zero Above.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well chuffed ! Just licensed my first music project to Zero Above.

My other Plan B. (Will need them to add the credits though..doh)

Changed the title for you, Darling' -CJ <---- Thanks CJ
    Last edited by Board Game Geek; 6 March 2011, 11:21. Reason: Tried to edit Licence in main subject. Will not let me. Grrr.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

FFS. Another load of bollox about saving graphite or soot.

Comment

The music is definitely the best thing about that vid!

Comment

Well done
        Me, me, me...

Comment

I'm sure there were excerpts from the (original) Dr Who soundtrack in there somewhere.
          Nicely done BGG, it's an excellent plan B. I have a friend who gets by happily making film soundtracks. As far as I can see he spends most of his time in a dressing gown at home, schmoking. Does well out of it though.

Comment

Have to say I had a wee emotional moment the first time I saw my name in the credits. Hard biz to succeed in but keep it going.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Cheers Clippy and RH.

Aye, I know what you mean Clip about seeing the credits for the first time. Definitely a moment of feeling pleased with oneself. Not smugness though, I don't do smug. Just pleased at the hard work paying off. I'll ask them to add my credits when I've done my website. Didn't expect things to move so quick !

Out of interest Clip, when you licence a track with credits, how do you prefer the accreditation ?

Eg, pretend the musician's name was Joe Bloggs, and his band was called Drainpipe Army.

Would you prefer to licence as "licenced by J Bloggs", "licenced by Drainpipe Army" or "licenced by Drainpipe Army / J. Bloggs" or some variation of that ?

And RH. Doctor Who ? Seriously ? You been at the Sambucas again ?
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                Cheers Clippy and RH.

Aye, I know what you mean Clip about seeing the credits for the first time. Definitely a moment of feeling pleased with oneself. Not smugness though, I don't do smug. Just pleased at the hard work paying off. I'll ask them to add my credits when I've done my website. Didn't expect things to move so quick !

Out of interest Clip, when you licence a track with credits, how do you prefer the accreditation ?

Eg, pretend the musician's name was Joe Bloggs, and his band was called Drainpipe Army.

Would you prefer to licence as "licenced by J Bloggs", "licenced by Drainpipe Army" or "licenced by Drainpipe Army / J. Bloggs" or some variation of that ?

And RH. Doctor Who ? Seriously ? You been at the Sambucas again ?
                Only one way to do it;

Composer / music by

<insert name here>
                Me, me, me...

Comment

The agency sounds like a load of hippies but work is work, so congratulations and good luck with it! How did you secure a first project when so many established people are competing for work - personal network, lucky break, very cheap?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Good stuff, BGG. The competition in that line must be fearsome.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X