• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Head's In Mississipi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Head's In Mississipi

Playing on the CD at the moment...

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Now "Assault & Battery" from "Warrior on the Edge of Time"; Hawkwind 1975.

Feck me, is it really that long ago...
    Was that when Bob Calvert was with them?

I recall seeing them play in the sunrise at Stone Henge, almost 25 years ago. Sigh.

Comment

Odd coincidence. On Thursday bought a CD from a live blues group in a pub called Sons of the Delta. They seemed pretty good to me although as usual I had surrounded quite a bit of vodka at the time. Not had a chance to play it yet.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Apparently the last LP they made for United Artists...
        Indeed, "Astounding Sounds,Amazing Music" was released on Charisma in 1976. There may have been a contract-filling compilation on UA though.
        I was a great Hawkfan in the Eighties, and saw them live several times, each time heavily intoxicated, as their tours always seemed to coincide with the mushroom season. . However, each time they were crappier than the previous time (or maybe the mushies were weaker), so I gave up. I saw them on the "Levitation" tour with H.I.M. Ginger Baker on Drums. 15 minute drum solo during Brainstorm. Incroyable. I like that instumental on "Warrior" - "Spiral Galaxy 28948" is it? Wasn't it? Hmmmmmm. Now, the only Hawkwind I've got is "Space Ritual".

We we born to go as far as we can fly . Turn electric dreams into reality.

You try and tell the young people of today that.... and they won't believe you.
        We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Working...
        X