• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

physical assault in the workplace

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

physical assault in the workplace

Hi all
    I am a girl of 27 years and yesterday morning a coworker assaulted me. He is a man. Everything happened in front of my manager, but this man has not been fired and I have went for home. Calmer once I have sent a mail to my boss and I told him what happened and I'm not willing to return to work if this man is not fired. To my surprise, my boss has responded to the mail that have made this man a Disciplinary warning. Following that to me written: You may resume work with the confidence, knowing that this man will not be in your proximity, and his contract has been reduced to maintenance work only.
    Is this legal? Because I'm Spanish and in my country this happens and that is an immediate dismissal for the aggressor. Anyone can help me? Thank you very much beforehand

Hola Mimi,

¿Gustas peliculas de gladiadores?

Comment

Originally posted by Mimi984 View Post
      Hi all
      I am a girl of 27 years and yesterday morning a coworker assaulted me. He is a man. Everything happened in front of my manager, but this man has not been fired and I have went for home. Calmer once I have sent a mail to my boss and I told him what happened and I'm not willing to return to work if this man is not fired. To my surprise, my boss has responded to the mail that have made this man a Disciplinary warning. Following that to me written: You may resume work with the confidence, knowing that this man will not be in your proximity, and his contract has been reduced to maintenance work only.
      Is this legal? Because I'm Spanish and in my country this happens and that is an immediate dismissal for the aggressor. Anyone can help me? Thank you very much beforehand
      What did Wilmslow do to you???

Seriuosly - 1) Are you a member of a union - if so refer to them

2) Has this also been reported to the HR department where you work? It should not just be left to the manager

3) How serious was it, is there a need to involve the police?

Comment

Hasta la vista robot.

Comment

Sounds like you need a good slap
          Mimi.

Stand still for a minute while I take a run up.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This was a weird one.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Bizarre. Why write a script to post a thread like this and reply following the topic?

Comment

If it was real I was at least expecting an indignant "?Why you no belief me?" comment.

If you noticed the replied script didn't actually reply specifically to any individual posts.

Actually, looking back they did reply but were adept at deflecting the advice.

So to Mimi:

If you don't have an HR dept go to your local Citizen's Advice Bureau - they will be able to help you.

There: 'she' now has proper advice.

But she's not real...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The site should use the stopforumspam.com module and make all links nofollow. It will cut down the crap by 99%.

Comment

We had the 3000 odd accounts created
                    In the first few months of the year and that irritating Ibot that kept posting about being on the bench
                    In their pyjamas.

Seems to have been sorted now though.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X