• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Honest ipad advert

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honest ipad advert

If only....

Linky
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    If only....

Linky
    love it
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Me, me, me...

Comment

*** NSFW ***

Comment

Comment

Love the "2 cheap cameras" , and they'll be gutted to know that I don't feel the urge to 'upgrade'.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I am getting iPad 2 as soon as it gets released...

Comment

I popped in to the aPplesTore today to see if they were still selling iPad1's, and they appeared to be. Lots of people were playing with them as usual and an iSalesman was showing an old lady how it worked. I didn't see any discount prices, at least not ones on big red signs with discount written on them. I was tempted to tell the old lady to wait a few weeks. Hope she didn't buy it expecting to be able to make video calls to her orphaned granchildren on it, having spent all her pension buying it.

Comment

An Apple 1, complete in its original packaging, sold at auction for £133,250.00 A pretty tidy profit considering the computer cost $666.66 when it was first went on sale in July 1976.

A spokesman for Christie’s in London said it was “a record for a personal computer sold at auction”.

The computer featured 8k of RAM and an 8-bit 6502 microprocessor. The lot included a letter from “Steven Jobs” and the return address on the packaging was his parents’ house.

The Apple 1 was shipped without a monitor or even a keyboard. It was discontinued in 1977, replaced by the iconic Apple II.

Steve Wozinak, one of the co-founders of Apple, was present at the auction. Speaking afterwards he said he had gave the computer away “I gave them away for free. It was really just an attempt to help people move the world forward”.
                  First Apple Sells for Record Price - Tech Europe - WSJ

Comment

So maybe after all you are wrong and that granny could have bought a smashing thing for her grandchildren - when they grow up in 30 years they'd sell it for gazillions, and it was all due to you that she did not buy it. How do you feel about it?

Comment

Working...
                    X