• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brian Cox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian Cox

Something for the ladies who would like a bit of Cox tonight : "Wonders Of The Universe", Sunday BB2 9PM, and for men who like a bit of science. He's not a climate sceptic unlike that Balls fellow.

I downloaded an audio book written, but not narrated, by him called "Why Does E=MC^2" from the local library the other week, and it is very good indeed. Sends me right off to sleep.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    He's not a climate sceptic unlike that Balls fellow.
    In the Times he says AGW scepticism is a right-wing conspiracy.

So that nails his credentials to the mast.

Comment

I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, and knows his stuff; but I can't abide his perpetual window licking grin.

People who constantly grin for no apparent reason are at best disconcerting and often creepy and sinister, and for me that makes his documentaries utterly unwatchable, despite the interesting subject matter.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, and knows his stuff; but I can't abide his perpetual window licking grin.

People who constantly grin for no apparent reason are at best disconcerting and often creepy and sinister, and for me that makes his documentaries utterly unwatchable, despite the interesting subject matter.
        Funny you should say that, because as I was watching "Horizon: Are We Still Evolving?" the other night I thought jeez, that woman smiles a lot. Alice Roberts is a lot prettier than Brian Cox though.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Funny you should say that, because as I was watching "Horizon: Are We Still Evolving?" the other night I thought jeez, that woman smiles a lot. Alice Roberts is a lot prettier than Brian Cox though.

Her collar and cuffs don't match. I bet her muff is not ginger. Anyway, I'm off for a cold shower.

Comment

Bettany Hughes...

"Enough about the Romans, let us talk about you"

Comment

WHS

Comment

WHS. I tried watching a bit of his last series, but it seems to consist of him doing each piece from a different corner of the globe whilst doing his smug inane grin, no doubt thinking about all the tax payers money he was managing to spend on air fares. Which wouldn't have been so bad if the programme was interesting, but like all modern science documentaries it was aimed firmly at 5 year olds.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Full agreement here - he reminds me of the 'brilliant' character from the Fast Show. He seems to find just about everything a bit too amazing - too many recreational drugs?

Clever guy though - works at CERN when not gooning at the camera apparently....
                  Last edited by amoeba; 7 March 2011, 09:13.

Comment

I don't mind Brian Cox. It's better that than nothing and he seems to be doing a lot to popularise science.

This guy can be annoying to listen to:

Interesting programmes, but I'd prefer another presenter.

Comment

Working...
                    X