• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yesterday I watched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday I watched

* Wild Target (2010), a good black comedy (and British) about a hit man whose plans are thwarted by a dippy con woman, played by Emily Blunt (who played the Queen in The Young Victoria (2009). It's 6.8 IMDB points are well deserved IMHO.

* Unthinkable (2010), a thought provoking thriller about a the interrogation of a terrorist who has planted several nuclear bombs in US cities, the terrorist being played by the amazingly versatile Michael Sheen.

I must be a bad person, because the immediate thought it provoked in me was why, in that extreme situation, didn't the interrogator immediately shoo all the amateurs and waverers out of the room and get to work on the guy's family in front of him. Any blame would have been the terrorist's, for bringing about the situation.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

I watched the X-Files film for the first time. Mindless entertainment (e.g. Mulder enters a dog patrolled compound full of baddies unarmed and phoneless having just been almost killed by one of them) with Billy Connolly playing a dippy psychic.
    Last edited by TimberWolf; 6 March 2011, 10:29.

Comment

Last night I watched District 9 for the first time. I thought it was really rather good; not sure why I didn't see that at the cinema.

Presumably TW means the second X-Files film (I think was on Film 4?). The first one was bad enough.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Severance with Danny Dyer. At first thought it would be really tulipe but actually quite a dark comedy.

Watch the rest later today.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Last night I watched District 9 for the first time. I thought it was really rather good; not sure why I didn't see that at the cinema.

Presumably TW means the second X-Files film (I think was on Film 4?). The first one was bad enough.
          Yeah, it was probably Film4. Once of the Freeview channels anyway.

Comment

watched sexy beat after not being able to stick with it the first time and remembered why I couldn't - not a bad film but I just couldn't get it
            sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

I watched Black Swan, it was ok, I didn't connect with any charters, none of them were that likeable.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                I watched Black Swan, it was ok, I didn't connect with any charters, none of them were that likeable.
                Some quality girl-on-girl in that isn't there?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Some quality girl-on-girl in that isn't there?
                  If you fancy a bit of that, try Tipping the Velvet

A couple of Sarah Waters' other novels have now been turned into films, such as Fingersmith and Affinity.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    * Wild Target (2010), a good black comedy (and British) about a hit man whose plans are thwarted by a dippy con woman, played by Emily Blunt (who played the Queen in The Young Victoria (2009). It's 6.8 IMDB points are well deserved IMHO.

* Unthinkable (2010), a thought provoking thriller about a the interrogation of a terrorist who has planted several nuclear bombs in US cities, the terrorist being played by the amazingly versatile Michael Sheen.

I must be a bad person, because the immediate thought it provoked in me was why, in that extreme situation, didn't the interrogator immediately shoo all the amateurs and waverers out of the room and get to work on the guy's family in front of him. Any blame would have been the terrorist's, for bringing about the situation.
                    I enjoyed both of those films. Not enough to buy on DVD but still ok.

I watched cyrus, which was billed as a comedy - 2hrs of my life I'm never getting back. God knows how it gets 6.6/10 on imdb. Mrs PL picked it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X