• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mathematical problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathematical problem

In a week or so I have to make a big decision. It's a real life decision because it will affect me for about two weeks, in the way I conduct my life.

I am playing a massive online strategy game, and I have to choose one of two paths.

Option #1 keep production at a maximum, but have to wake up every 4 hours or lose production till i do wake up

Option #2 reduce production by 16% , only have to wake up every 5.3 hours

I am usually pretty good at waking, but is there a disaster lurking ?

nb there is a finite limit on storage, which determines the attendance frequency

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    In a week or so I have to make a big decision. It's a real life decision because it will affect me for about two weeks, in the way I conduct my life.

I am playing a massive online strategy game, and I have to choose one of two paths.

Option #1 keep production at a maximum, but have to wake up every 4 hours or lose production till i do wake up

nb there is a finite limit on storage, which determines the attendance frequency

Can you find someone you trust in the same position and divvy up the waking in a rota?

Comment

A real contractor would use a mouse-moving script to solve this.
      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Can you find someone you trust in the same position and divvy up the waking in a rota?
        thats the human soloution, which is fraught. Things can get pretty intensive and complicated.

so I want a solution determined up front. a policy to follow, a strategy, an approach a philosophy.

basically, at 3 am when 500 attacks are coming in and 200 are going out, I dont want to have to think

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

thats the human soloution, which is fraught. Things can get pretty intensive and complicated.

so I want a solution determined up front. a policy to follow, a strategy, an approach a philosophy.

basically, at 3 am when 500 attacks are coming in and 200 are going out, I dont want to have to think

You could try getting a life EO - or is that too much of an "outside the box" solution?
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            You could try getting a life EO - or is that too much of an "outside the box" solution?
            this is a mans thread. you wouldnt understand.

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Do you want to maximise production or sleep?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Do you want to maximise production or sleep?
                production
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

production
                  Well it's option 1 then.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Well it's option 1 then.

logically , yes.

but given human foibles, if there is a sudden disaster, what then is the right answer

imagine an upset

ie a piss up
                    a wedding
                    a funeral
                    a holiday

or some other weird variable

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X