PDA

View Full Version : Boomity boom boom

Cliphead
6th March 2011, 18:44
Seems to be a week for musicians with BGG's success. Just had a lengthy meeting with people from a well known orchestra who've commissioned me to compose a series of works to be performed nationwide over the next couple of years. They've assigned an arranger to work on existing compositions to be played by the full orchestra and recorded at the City Halls in Glasgow.

I won't be sleeping for the next couple of days with sheer excitement, still a bit gobsmacked.

MarillionFan
6th March 2011, 18:53
Seems to be a week for musicians with BGG's success. Just had a lengthy meeting with people from a well known orchestra who've commissioned me to compose a series of works to be performed nationwide over the next couple of years. They've assigned an arranger to work on existing compositions to be played by the full orchestra and recorded at the City Halls in Glasgow.

I won't be sleeping for the next couple of days with sheer excitement, still a bit gobsmacked.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the point I made in the other thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKmL8FsTXmk

Cliphead
6th March 2011, 19:03
I refer the honourable gentleman to the point I made in the other thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKmL8FsTXmk

Nowt's gonna burst my bubble this weekend :happy

MarillionFan
6th March 2011, 19:08
Nowt's gonna burst my bubble this weekend :happy

Hang on a second.

I'll just login as Sally Anne. :rolleyes:

norrahe
6th March 2011, 19:46
Congrats! :yay:

NickFitz
6th March 2011, 20:50
Nice one! :yay: :music: :banana: :music: :yay:

Zippy
6th March 2011, 21:29
Wey hey! :banana:

ChimpMaster
6th March 2011, 21:33
Glasgow? :suicide:

Cliphead
6th March 2011, 21:34
Glasgow? :suicide:

For recording then a UK tour :happy

Will be my 3rd time on stage at the Albert Hall.

2BIT
7th March 2011, 10:18

stirling work sir! am v jealous!

Mich the Tester
7th March 2011, 10:18
:yay::yay::yay:

Cliphead
7th March 2011, 10:21
In the cold light of day the realisation has just set in about how much work this is going to take and the nagging doubt that I'm not going to match expectations. Cup of tea I think...

EternalOptimist
7th March 2011, 10:55
:yay:

top man

2BIT
7th March 2011, 10:55
In the cold light of day the realisation has just set in about how much work this is going to take and the nagging doubt that I'm not going to match expectations. Cup of tea I think...

it will be an incredible amount of work but surely you got the gig because you are good enough, that said humilty is always healthy if you are a composer - got any of your old stuff online?