• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World STILL cold, infact getting colder.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World STILL cold, infact getting colder.

UAH Temperature Update for Feb. 2011: -0.02 deg. C « Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Brrrrr, must be all the Carbon taxes cooling the globe off nicely.

Tsk

Thats the graph for the average global weather temperature
    not the average global climate temperature

Sas will be along later to explain the difference
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Tsk

Thats the graph for the average global weather temperature
      not the average global climate temperature

Sas will be along later to explain the difference
      Actually, that's really from the thermometer at the bottom of my garden.

The real graph looks like this:

Comment

There was some aussie bloke on R4 today talking about global warming. I listened for about 2 minutes.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          There was some aussie bloke on R4 today talking about global warming. I listened for about 2 minutes.
          I listened to him. In the third minute he went on to tell us about a place where we can get free money and shoes, and in the fourth minute, all the free handbags you can carry.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Not the carbon tax

Piracy is causing global warming.

Anyone know if they're man made pirates, or is all this piracy naturally occuring?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              I listened to him. In the third minute he went on to tell us about a place where we can get free money and shoes, and in the fourth minute, all the free handbags you can carry.

Free money = Setting up a windfarm and get paid 10x the market rate for whatever energy you generate
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                Free money = Setting up a windfarm and get paid 10x the market rate for whatever energy you generate
                Free solar panels worth £12,000: Save £120/year on your electricity...

If you can shell out c.£12,000 for your own system, it’s possible to grab c.£23,000 in payments for the energy you produce.

This is all about the Govt’s new ‘feed-in tariff’ scheme. The scheme, which replaced solar panel grants, means electricity companies have to pay people who produce electricity from renewable energy sources such as wind and the sun.

It's reckoned that you'll get £800/year though this is not guaranteed, it's an estimate, so you must do your sums first. The key to this is ...

The system costs £12,500, but over 25 years the feed-in payments could net you £23,000.

Boomed!

Comment

yup definitely brrrrr...

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

yup definitely brrrrr...
                    You can scoff, but picture that is actually a lot more ominous than it looks.

Sorry if I've mentioned this, but as I student I worked in an ice cream factory, where every now and then they would defrost the huge walk-in freezers.

These were normally at -20C, and of course the cold would hit you as soon as you walked in. But curiously, it wasn't normally perceptibly colder just outside the plastic flaps by the door. Even if you stood there, you'd hardly realize the freezer was nearby behind the flaps.

But once they had started defrosting, it was noticeably damp and cold outside for a considerable distance from the entrance, even as the freezer was getting much warmer, relatively speaking, inside. ...

The moral of the story is don't assume that cold and damp in our neck of the woods must mean all is well at higher latitudes. If anything, the opposite is more likely to be true ...
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X