• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last weekend's laugh out loud moment.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last weekend's laugh out loud moment.

Series 2 of Breaking Bad.

Episode where Jesse gets turfed out of his dead aunt's home.

Someone steals his bike.

No one will give him a room for the night.

No money. (The DEA got it all).

Camper van is locked up in a compound, so our genius decides to climb the fence.

I was expecting giant alsations to tear him to pieces but it was much much better than that.

Climbs fence & stands on the roof of the portaloo inside the fence.

Portaloo rocks a bit when he stands on it.

Then the roof collapses and he lands in the horrid blue fluid inside.

ROTFLMFAO.

Breaking Bad Mondays: Season 2, Ep. 4, "Down" | The House Next Door

Among other things, the guy saw his bike and all of his worldly possessions stolen, couldn't find a place to sleep, couldn't get Walt to talk to him and broke into the impound lot where the mobile cook lab RV was being kept only to find himself falling into a PortaPotty and getting covered in the chemicals from the thing, his skin winding up blue. (Walter asking, in disbelief, "Why are you blue?" was a comic highlight in a very, very grim episode.)

It surpassed the LOL of watching a semi dissolved* body fall through the bathroom floor of Jesse's house, accompanied by the bottom of the bath.

* please note that HF is not a suitable choice for disposing of rival drug dealers.

Another wonderful moment.

Turtle.

Passenger on back.

In desert.

Stakeout.

Last edited by zeitghost; 27 April 2017, 14:30.

I enjoy Breaking Bad quite a lot.
    I already look forward to this scene now.

I try to get my wife to see it too but the sporadic violent scenes scare her away. Her loss.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

one of the best shows ever!
      sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
        one of the best shows ever!
        Totally agree, am waiting for series 3 to start.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Totally agree, am waiting for series 3 to start.
          you won't be disappointed, it takes a few episodes to get going (but for good reason) but is just as good as the first two, can't wait for season 4

It surpassed the LOL of watching a semi dissolved* body fall through the bathroom floor of Jesse's house, accompanied by the bottom of the bath.
          yeah that was one of those moments that made me think 'I love this show'
          sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

Comment

A Change of Tune ?

My laugh out loud moment was to see the SAS being packed off by those Libyan rebels - and would you believe it the BBC are now refering to Gadaffis torops as Libyan Government Froces.

Could it be - that these well armed rebels are in fact Hamas or Iranian backed - hence the rejection of the UK forces - watch out for a dramatic volte face as the West realises that its better the Devil you know ... I see that NATO have now refuses to intervene ... Time Will Tell ....

Comment

The Passenger Turtle thing was superb.

Working my way towards the end of series two at the moment. Have series three lined up and ready to go.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Yep Breaking Bad is amongst my top 5 shows currently in production*. Season 4 can't begin soon enough for me, though I think June/July in the USA is when it returns, and even longer in the UK if you want to play by the rules.

* other shows definately in my top 5 are:

Dexter
                Chuck
                House (though after 7 seasons it's getting a bit long in the tooth)

All superb television, particularly the early seasons. Makes the beeb's Outcast seem like a sunday school production, on all levels.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  Yep Breaking Bad is amongst my top 5 shows currently in production*. Season 4 can't begin soon enough for me, though I think June/July in the USA is when it returns, and even longer in the UK if you want to play by the rules.

* other shows definately in my top 5 are:

Dexter
                  Chuck
                  House (though after 7 seasons it's getting a bit long in the tooth)

All superb television, particularly the early seasons. Makes the beeb's Outcast seem like a sunday school production, on all levels.
                  never tried chuck so may check it out but house to me seems to formulaic like csi or any police procedural

since the wire and the shield finished i'd say my top five shows are:

breaking bad
                  dexter
                  walking dead
                  mad men
                  boardwalk empire

looking forward to 'Too Big to Fail' about Hank Paulson and the Financial crisis out on HBO this year and Game Of Thrones (but not sure if I'll like it or not).

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
                    never tried chuck so may check it out but house to me seems to formulaic like csi or any police procedural
                    Yeah House is formulaic, where they spend 80% of the show trying various solutions to heal someone, eventually House has an epiphany, and the rest of the team are shown to be pretty useless. It's the other stuff that I still watch it for, particularly House as a character himself and his interaction with the others. Hugh Laurie plays one of the more interesting characters on TV if you can see past the fake american accent.

As for Chuck, well it suprised me how good it actually is (as someone who can't stand overtly geeky stuff such as The IT Crowd). Only got interested to see what the 'nerd becomes spy' angle was about and suprisingly the nerd side is probably the most underplayed part of the show in that you don't have to be a nerd/geek to get or enjoy the humour, a lot of it is movie/comic book originated. It's certainly more about great chemistry amongst the lead actors, good writing (not to mention hundreds of classic one-liners, think Big Trouble in Little China), and a great mix of comedy, drama, and romance. The latter suprisingly compulsive due to the chemistry between the leads, and how good an actress Yvonne Strahovsi is when showing emotion through expression and very few words. There's also the 'strahotski' factor as well, but there's a lot more to her than a hot blonde who doesn't mind appearing in her underwear or tasty outfits frequently.

I know these shows aren't going to appeal to everyone but if you haven't at least given the first couple of episodes of the first season a go you could be seriously missing out.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X