• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dubai

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dubai

Just back from a very pleasant weekend in the UAE. Haven't been in 10 years and a lot has changed.

One of the most striking changes aside from the obvious things is how much better the cuisine is.

I always enjoyed the Lebanese and Turkish food but everything else, including Western food, was cooked by Indians which meant it was cooked to death and invariably a bit of curry powder would always find its way in.

Now they seem to have a lot more western chefs there so I went to the top of the Emirates Towers and enjoyed a great Italian meal cooked by an Italian, good wine and even a decent coffee afterwards as opposed to the instant muck they always used to serve.

Will definitely be going back!

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Just back from a very pleasant weekend in the UAE. Haven't been in 10 years and a lot has changed.

One of the most striking changes aside from the obvious things is how much better the cuisine is.

I always enjoyed the Lebanese and Turkish food but everything else, including Western food, was cooked by Indians which meant it was cooked to death and invariably a bit of curry powder would always find its way in.

Now they seem to have a lot more western chefs there so I went to the top of the Emirates Towers and enjoyed a great Italian meal cooked by an Italian, good wine and even a decent coffee afterwards as opposed to the instant muck they always used to serve.

We've got an Italian restaurant 2 miles away. I find that a lot more convenient than an 8 hour flight to dubai.

HTH

Comment

We've got an Italian restaurant 2 miles away. I find that a lot more convenient than an 8 hour flight to dubai.
      One of the problems with dubai is how good the food is over there. Particularly the Lebanese and Persian cuisine. It means you spend a lot of money to put on a fair bit of weight... then you have to spend even more money (and time) getting rid of it.

Comment

I always enjoyed the Lebanese
        It's pronounced "lesbian", man.
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Weekend-vy.

Or as I like to say, "What a load of bollocks!".

Comment

Working...
            X