• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The chances are you're going to go bald eventually

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The chances are you're going to go bald eventually

For those of you in your 30's with thinning hair, wondering where it's all going to end:

Male Pattern Hair Loss Information

80% of caucasian men

You're going to be completely bald.

HTH
    I'm alright Jack

Can you stick to AGW instead?

It's much less depressing you know.

Comment

Hair today, gone tommorrow

As long as I'm fit enough to chase the birds I don't care
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        For those of you in your 30's with thinning hair, wondering where it's all going to end:

Male Pattern Hair Loss Information

You're going to be completely bald.

HTH
        It neither helps nor hinders. It's normal, it happens. So does death. It's coming anyway, and trying to prevent it is not necessarily the best way of spending the limited amount of life that you have. Come to think of it, neither is posting here.
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

At 40ish you may find it getting rather thin on top and imagine you will soon be completely bald but it stops. Mine still still looks okish from the front.

PS It may be because I can never be arsed to comb it. Some of the apparent thickness might just be mould.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I haven't combed my hair since I bought electric hair clippers a few years ago. What a lot of faffing about with seeing hairdressers and expense that solves too. 7mm sideburns and nape and 12mm everywhere else except scissors for the front works for me. A 10 minute job not including hoovering up afterwards. I also hoover my head.

Comment

My view is as long as it falls out where you can't see it, it doesn't matter, I didn't know I was bald until my Mother pointed it out, but when I look in the mirror I don't see a problem. I reckon it's a conspiracy.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Mine receded a bit twenty years ago then stopped. I keep it short with clippers anyway and couldn't care less if it started again and went completely.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

I've spent all my life worrying about going bald, as I have that crap limp shapeless thin hair like Charlie George had and two bald grandads.

Results so far? I'm 50 in June and lost none of it and not even gone grey....

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    7mm sideburns and nape and 12mm everywhere else except scissors for the front works for me.
                    You must look like a freshly sheared grunt at a US bootcamp.

OH in "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life..." mode
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X