• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bullsh*t of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullsh*t of the day

Here we go. Something for the dinosaurs, there are jobs going in Warsaw for IBM mainframe developers:

IBM Mainframe Developers - Retail Banking - Warsaw, Poland
    Salary:Market6Location:Warsaw, PolandJob Type:AnyDate Posted:03-Mar-2011 11:34Add to My Shortlist
    We are recruiting to support a major retail banking programme in Warsaw, Poland. They are seeking permanent placements with Mainframe Development experience covering COBOL / CICS / DB2 skills and Systematics application experience. Candidates will be employed on an 'open-ended' contract at local rates, circa £30k per annum with low living costs and lower local taxation rates. The target is...

Its that old "open ended contract" thing again where it is such a fantastic job (quite where the lower tax comes from I dont know) that you get a permie rate but without the permie benefits. I think this is an opportunity for those IBM mainframers (who are still alive) who would otherwise be supplementing their pensions at B&Q
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

You get the lower rate of tax by being out of blighty for 5/6ths of the time.

I hope they can't find anyone.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

COBOL? That old hat? But if they need any PL/1 programmers please let me know.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I can do all that stuff, I did it in depth for 19 years. But since then I've had 5 years of client/server followed by 10 years of CRM, so obviously any agent that I mentioned it to would tell me patiently/with a smirk that I'm not worth considering for it because my experience is not recent. Twats.
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Here we go. Something for the dinosaurs, there are jobs going in Warsaw for IBM mainframe developers:

IBM Mainframe Developers - Retail Banking - Warsaw, Poland
          Salary:Market6Location:Warsaw, PolandJob Type:AnyDate Posted:03-Mar-2011 11:34Add to My Shortlist
          We are recruiting to support a major retail banking programme in Warsaw, Poland. They are seeking permanent placements with Mainframe Development experience covering COBOL / CICS / DB2 skills and Systematics application experience. Candidates will be employed on an 'open-ended' contract at local rates, circa £30k per annum with low living costs and lower local taxation rates. The target is...

Its that old "open ended contract" thing again where it is such a fantastic job (quite where the lower tax comes from I dont know) that you get a permie rate but without the permie benefits. I think this is an opportunity for those IBM mainframers (who are still alive) who would otherwise be supplementing their pensions at B&Q

OI!, I started out life on IBM 4381's CMS VM!! yes.. VM.. yes, virtual machines! sod VMware, IBM have been doing it for decades!
          Cloud Computing - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by monobrow View Post
            OI!, I started out life on IBM 4381's CMS VM!! yes.. VM.. yes, virtual machines! sod VMware, IBM have been doing it for decades!
            IBM basically nailed data processing decades ago. Some of their old solutions have been re-invented, usually in an inferier implementation; and some haven't even re-invented yet. Hmmm.
            Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Working...
            X