• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why pay the license tax...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why pay the license tax...

..for un-edited crap like this:

"I'm very proud of the film. I'm proud of everyone in it," said 34-year-old Weisz, who is seven months pregnant."

"It's got four nominations here tonight and that means a lot more people are going to get to see it," added Weisz.

No mention of who 'Weisz' is, one would have to presume Rachel Weisz in the lack of any evidence to the contrary.

"Knightley, who is nominated in the best actress category for her role as Lizzie Bennet in Pride and Prejudice, described the Oscars as "surreal". "

Again, many people will think of a certain K Knightly, but maybe it isnt..?

If they cant be bothered to at least write 'secondary school' level essays, why pay the BBC to publish sub-standard journalism...?

Probably too busy writing the croatian and afghani versions of their webtulipe to bother with the original version ....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4771586.stm
    Vieze Oude Man

How can you get wound up over that?

Cool down mannnnnnnnnnnnnn
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Why pay the license tax

I did the big switch off in November last year. I.e. no more TV. It was little bit like giving up smoking at first but now I feel much better. I meet so many people who say to me, "Nothing much on television last night" ... and so I tell them.

I do listen to the radio, and this also gives me time to work at the same time. A recent discussion on the radio was about the change BBC policy in that now they broacast programs to the lowest denominator to get audience figures.

Shall I, or shall I not renew the TV licence in June? If I don't will they come knocking?
      HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

The constant gardner

Originally posted by mcquiggd
        ..for un-edited crap like this:

"I'm very proud of the film. I'm proud of everyone in it," said 34-year-old Weisz, who is seven months pregnant."

"It's got four nominations here tonight and that means a lot more people are going to get to see it," added Weisz.

No mention of who 'Weisz' is, one would have to presume Rachel Weisz in the lack of any evidence to the contrary.

"Knightley, who is nominated in the best actress category for her role as Lizzie Bennet in Pride and Prejudice, described the Oscars as "surreal". "

Again, many people will think of a certain K Knightly, but maybe it isnt..?

If they cant be bothered to at least write 'secondary school' level essays, why pay the BBC to publish sub-standard journalism...?

Probably too busy writing the croatian and afghani versions of their webtulipe to bother with the original version ....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4771586.stm
        The whole film is based on politically correct assumptions. It was indeed a thrilling film, but dont you just wish that it had starred Clint Eastwood rather than that poof Ralph Fiennes. Would Clint have thrown his gun away when faced by a lorryload of dodgy Africans? No, not only would he have shot all 6 of the feckers but he would have returned to Nairobi and sorted out all the corrupt govt officials there too. The film had the potential to sort out all of Africa's poblems, which is why it did'nt win any more oscars or Baftas
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

<<did'nt >>

Mind where you place your apostrophe.
          HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
            <<did'nt >>

Mind where you place your apostrophe.
            Not bad for an agent though?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
              I did the big switch off in November last year. I.e. no more TV. It was little bit like giving up smoking at first but now I feel much better. I meet so many people who say to me, "Nothing much on television last night" ... and so I tell them.

I do listen to the radio, and this also gives me time to work at the same time. A recent discussion on the radio was about the change BBC policy in that now they broacast programs to the lowest denominator to get audience figures.

Shall I, or shall I not renew the TV licence in June? If I don't will they come knocking?
              It gets quite entertaining. They send you forms that you can return to them to explain why you don't have a TV licence. "I do not possess a television set" is tacked on the end like and afterthought.

I didn't tick it: I wrote back admitting to not having a TV licence, and added the confession that I didn't have a gun licence or a dog licence either.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                It gets quite entertaining. They send you forms that you can return to them to explain why you don't have a TV licence. "I do not possess a television set" is tacked on the end like and afterthought.

I didn't tick it: I wrote back admitting to not having a TV licence, and added the confession that I didn't have a gun licence or a dog licence either.

So when the licence people call round how are you going to explain the bullet hole through the TV screen?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                  So when the licence people call round how are you going to explain the bullet hole through the TV screen?
                  .. and the bullet hole in the unlicensed dog

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye
                    .. and the bullet hole in the unlicensed dog
                    If it is dead do you have to pay the licence retrospectively?

Comment

Working...
                    X