• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got any boring hobbies that they want to admit to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got any boring hobbies that they want to admit to?

I was thinking the other day about this coming Saturday and how I'm looking forward to going to an Antique Book Fair, as I collect old first edition James Bond books. I drag my wife and kids around for half an hour a few times a month and am sure they think I'm a bit sad, but I enjoy it oddly enough.

I've also got a friend who collects postcards from around the world - when we both go out for a drink, it's a riot I can tell you

But it got me thinking of other people who must similarly collect tulipe or have strange hobbies which you may keep close to your chest, in case people think you're a bore...

Any takers...

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    I was thinking the other day about this coming Saturday and how I'm looking forward to going to an Antique Book Fair, as I collect old first edition James Bond books. I drag my wife and kids around for half an hour a few times a month and am sure they think I'm a bit sad, but I enjoy it oddly enough.

I've also got a friend who collects postcards from around the world - when we both go out for a drink, it's a riot I can tell you

But it got me thinking of other people who must similarly collect tulipe or have strange hobbies which you may keep close to your chest, in case people think you're a bore...

Any takers...
    I play chess.

Comment

Movies and cooking, I also paint, and sew.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I watch Arsenal play sometimes.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Any takers...
          Yeah. Old bottles. I used to spend hours going off with a spade to corners of woods that were used as rubbish dumps in years gone by. I always wanted to find an intact lemonade bottle but they were always broken because Victorian kids would smash them to get the marble out.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
            Yeah. Old bottles. I used to spend hours going off with a spade to corners of woods that were used as rubbish dumps in years gone by. I always wanted to find an intact lemonade bottle but they were always broken because Victorian kids would smash them to get the marble out.
            I write music which to any non-musician can be a very boring process to watch!
            sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
              I write music which to any non-musician can be a very boring process to watch!
              I'm a musician of sorts, so I find that very interesting.

In fact, if you get together with the previous poster Wurzel, you might come up with a song about a combine harvester

Comment

I collect astronaut autographs and items that have been in space.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

I'm a musician of sorts, so I find that very interesting.

In fact, if you get together with the previous poster Wurzel, you might come up with a song about a combine harvester
                  "I drove my tractor through your haystack last night...."

Hmmm, how did they ever get to be on Seaside Special with lyrics like that?

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                    I used to do that when I was a kid, too. Too much hassle, now I buy a local Codd or Ginger Beer from places I go to on holiday the UK, as a souvenir.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X