• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crikey: Clarkson gives back the GT40 !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crikey: Clarkson gives back the GT40 !

I then did something the man at Ford wasn’t expecting. I asked for my money back. And that, the next day, is what happened. They put £126,000 in my account and sent a man to pick up the car.

Milan.

On the way back from Tel Aviv yesterday I bought the top gear magazine, he test drove the new Ferrari and it mentions that he may have regretted ordering the Ford.

Comment

Money Back Guarantee

Even the latest Ferrari model was sent back by a German because it wasn't (literally) up to speed (I think he was expecting more mph according to the papers)Knowing Clarkson, he wouldn't be satisfied with anything.

Comment

he may have regretted ordering the Ford
        Most people regret ordering a Ford.

Comment

price

Ok, GT40 looks like a fancy car, and there is some history associated with it, but for fecks sake -- its a Ford for price of a Ferrari! >:

IMO Ford's job is to mass produce cars -- if they do supercar then they should make loads at low price point -- this is their job because whatever way you look at it Ford ain't a premium brand.

Comment

Re: price

I drove a Ford Mustang convertible for a whole month in the US and it is a cool car
            Looks good
            Faithful to the original. When people saw us in the car, they stopped us to show us photos of their old one, from the 60s, 70s etc. And the new one looks a bit like the old, which looked quite cool
            We did 9000 miles with it and it never let us down. Very easy to drive too. The steering and handling was fine although lots of people warned us against American handling. Well it was fine and we did get on to winding roads (in the eastern third of the country and in colorado/wyoming/utah). It had a 4.0 litre (sorry, liter) V6 engine whose performance is quite disappointing though. Or maybe it's the automatic gears they've got which never seems to know how to work up the gears up and down when you need power fast. So the engine is better for cruising than overtaking and also struggles a bit when going uphill.
            but apart from that a great car!
            Oh and I've also got a Ford here (a Ka, do not laugh) and I am really happy with it, it is a great little car but I expect you guys to laugh at it. Never mind!

Comment

I drove the previous Mustang and it's a sheep in wolfs clothing. Great to cruise in but a 2 litre ford mondeo TDi would out run it on the twisties.

Comment

One of the first cars I even drove was a Ford Mustang that my aunty had bought! Talk about a beast! I couldnt stop laughing while at the wheel...and oh...all that power! :rollin

Mailman

Comment

I think he was put off when Hammy and May pointed out that is he had to park between two cars he wouldn't be able to get out :rollin

Comment

Working...
                  X