• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BI Contracts in London/South East and rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BI Contracts in London/South East and rates

I am currently working in BI (Datawarehousing, Data Cleansing, MI, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS etc). I am considering a short-term move to the South East if the money is right. Does anybody have any idea what the average rate is for that kind of work? Also is it worth moving into the financial sector with those skills or is that market not very good these days? I am wanting to build up a huge warchest in the next 2 years to give me money to invest in property for the long-term.

Thanks guys

I do the same as you, working in the SE at the moment but based up near Manchester.

There is plenty around and rates are ok; personally I don't get out of bed for anything less than £350 a day although currently on more

use IT Jobs Watch if you want an idea about

There is plenty of BI work in the financials sector, however they expect nothing short of brilliance which is to be expected given that BI and OLAP was pretty much invented by them and they also want financial experience. You'll need a lot of one if you haven't got the other.
    Last edited by Spacecadet; 9 March 2011, 16:13.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I have tried using that site but didnt find it useful.

I have managed to achieve 350 based in the NW so I can't see why it would be worth it to move to London? I was hoping you would say min 450 in London.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        I have tried using that site but didnt find it useful.

I have managed to achieve 350 based in the NW so I can't see why it would be worth it to move to London? I was hoping you would say min 450 in London.
        You said the South East, not London

Sounds pedantic but London always needs special consideration.
        £450 should be achievable in London providing you have the right experience.

http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/contrac...d=500&lid=2618
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

hmmm

Not sure if it is worth it at 450 if that is just achievable. £100/day for expenses + headache is not enough.

Comment

hmmm

Not sure if it is worth it at 450 if that is just achievable. £100/day for expenses + headache is not enough.
            £100 a day for expenses??
            I only use a hotel for the first week and rent a room after that at ~£350 for the month, add on fuel (tank and a quarter for the week) and food and I'm spending less than £40 a day
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

I thought the subject ws 'Bi Contacts wanted in London/South East......'

I was going to apply...

Comment

£100 a day for expenses??
                I only use a hotel for the first week and rent a room after that at ~£350 for the month, add on fuel (tank and a quarter for the week) and food and I'm spending less than £40 a day
                What I am saying is, it's not worth going to London or SE for £40-£50 a day (I doubt £40/day is realistic in SE). For £100 a day after expenses it only just starts to become attractive. So I am thinking a realistic target is £500/day.

Comment

What I am saying is, it's not worth going to London or SE for £40-£50 a day (I doubt £40/day is realistic in SE). For £100 a day after expenses it only just starts to become attractive. So I am thinking a realistic target is £500/day.

There are £500+ jobs around
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 18 September 2019, 16:22.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

I'm also in the same area, though i'm more on the BA/Reporting side.

Were paying around £450 for ETL work, £350-£400 for other roles, plus we have a couple of roles on £600 per day. I'm outside London and 5 minutes from home.

There is plenty of competition for Microsoft skills. Oracle pays slightly more IMO.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X