• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chrome + Youtube weirdness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome + Youtube weirdness

when I watch a youtube video in chrome, the video stays on the screen even after I navigate to a different page by opening a related video or even when I click on a different tab.

Screen shot was going to follow but sods law seems to have fixed it for me.
    Don't know whether to or
    Coffee's for closers

I find things often fix themselves as soon as I ask a question on here. CUK is magic.

What I really like about youtube is you can run umpteen at once and make a fantastic cacophony. Mozart's Requiem with Start Me Up by The Rolling Stones sounds fantastic!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      when I watch a youtube video in chrome, the video stays on the screen even after I navigate to a different page by opening a related video or even when I click on a different tab.
      You got busted by Mrs Spacecadet again didn't you.

Comment

I've seen this happen in Chrome. I always thought it was just some graphics driver wierdness, though that wouldn't explain why it's just Chrome.
        Last edited by VectraMan; 10 March 2011, 10:20.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          I've seen this happen in Chrome. I always thought it was just some graphics driver wierdness, though that wouldn't explain why it's just Chrome.
          The only explanation I can think of is that for some reason chrome loses it's handle on the flash component
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            You got busted by Mrs Spacecadet again didn't you.

Not been a first time... yet
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Screen shot was going to follow but sods law seems to have fixed it for me.
              Don't know whether to or
              chrome is good but not that good, it struggles with a number of sites for me, i still have firefox as backup and don't even try solving issues anymore just switch browser (elegant solution eh? )
              sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Working...
              X